RPGamer Round-Up: November 13 – November 20
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
Harry McEntire plays lead character Noah in the critically acclaimed Xenoblade Chronicles 3. Elmon Dean Todd was able to chat with him about the game, his previous roles, and how he got into acting.
Soulstice brings a brand new IP to the action RPG landscape that offers a robust and challenging combat experience. Pascal Tekaia reports that fans of the genre can look forward to a lengthy campaign with a good deal of replayability for perfectionists.
Dying Light 2′s Bloody Ties DLC is the game’s chance to appeal to new and returning players. Ryan Costa sees if Techland learned from its past glitch-filled mistakes.
With its blend of graphics, plot, and combat, this is a game that would seem to have its finger on the trigger. RPGamer’s Michael Baker reports that Trinity Trigger’s Japanese release fails to reach the heights hoped for.
Free Title Update 3 arrives next week for Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak, and Capcom gave a longer look at all the changes it will bring. Hunters will have to get ready to face two new Elder Dragons.
Square Enix’s latest Letter from the Producer presentation for Final Fantasy XIV provided early details on its upcoming Patch 6.3 update. Gods Revel, Lands Tremble will launch in early January.
Granzella is running a Kickstarter campaign for R-Type Tactics I • II Cosmos. The campaign will fund additional content for the strategy RPG remakes.
NetEase Games and Team Miaozi unveiled Cygnus Enterprises. The blend of sci-fi action RPG and city management game is launching on Steam Early Access in December.
Square Enix provided some new info for its newest Theatrhythm title. Theatrhythm Final Bar Line will give players multiple modes when it launches in February.
- Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Gets Gameplay Trailer, Collector’s Edition
- Owlcat Games Details Warhammer 40,000’s Rogue Traders
Owlcat Games released new videos for Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader. The developer also unveiled its $299 physical Collector’s Edition.
RPGamer’s ad hoc Kickstarter check-in feature returns with a look at Enjoy Studio’s The Witch of Fern Island. The sandbox adventure RPG follows a budding witch as she learns more about the island while developing her magic.
Other Selected Stories
- Slavic Adventure RPG Vranygrai Announced
- Risen Hitting New Platforms in January
- Souls Hackers 2 Update Released
- Soccer Story Launching This Month
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Next-Gen Version Releasing Next Month
- Blue Protocol Set to Hit Japan in Spring
- Tyrant’s Blessing Heading to Switch in February
- We Who Are About to Die Released on Early Access
- Frozen Flame Available on Steam Early Access
- Superfuse Heading to Early Access in January
- The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki II Gets Pair of Japanese Demos
- Sword of the Vagrant Hitting Consoles December 1
- Bound by Blades Released on Steam
- Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Get Pre-Launch Overview Trailer
- Fire Emblem Engages New Story Trailer
- Marvel’s Midnight Suns Trailer Gives Welcome to the Abbey
- Front Mission 1st: Remake Gets New Trailer
- Crisis Core -Final Fantasy VII- Reunion Receives New Trailer
- Wild Hearts Shows Its Karakuri
- Ravenbound Dev Diary Provides Welcome to Ávalt
- New Release Round-Up (November 17, 2022)
Phil Willis is back and while he’s not Chris, he plays him on the podcast. Anna Marie is wondering why her cat, Scamper, is losing his mind, while her community manager heart flutters. Kelley learns that it is indeed a Chain Chomp.
This week in Q&A Quest, we discuss Sonic games. We also talk about the newly released Star Ocean: The Divine Force.
With a new main character and a new battle system, Yakuza: Like a Dragon was a fresh start for many longtime fans of the series. On this week’s backtrack, Josh, Robert, and David pry themselves from the stock market and go-karts to talk about the debut of Ichiban Kasuga.