RPGamer Round-Up: June 13 – June 20
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we take a look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
RPGamer got to look at Dark Deity from Sword & Axe ahead of its stealth release. It’s a welcome and somewhat familiar sight to turn-based tactical fans, with plenty of customization to keep the player coming back for more.
Dreamscaper is a roguelite action RPG combining the realms of dreams with an intimate modern-day setting. RPGamer was able to check out how developer Afterburner Studios has been improving the game since its initial Early Access launch last year.
Chashu Entertainment’s Sands of Aura takes players to a world covered in a sea of sand. RPGamer was able to try out a short demo and talk to some of its developers.
It’s easy to pick out the biggest inspiration for monster-collecting RPG Coromon. However, time spent with a demo and two of its developers shows that its full set of influences run a bit wider than that.
RPGamer takes a look at Ruin Raiders with a short demo. With adorable animal player characters and the occasional puzzle there’s more than meets the eye with this punishing tactical roguelike.
RPGamer takes a look at a demo for stylized mech combat game Wolfstride. Developer OTA IMON Studios definitely hits every note of a graphically compelling game with its unique comic-book noir visuals.
Anuchard is a cozy kinetic puzzle action-adventure game developed by stellarNull. RPGamer takes a look at a preview of how it has been shaping up as it gets closer to release.
- Shin Megami Tensei V Launching in November
- Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot Launching on Switch
- Monster Hunter Stories 2 Getting Demo
- Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity Expansion Pass First Wave Launching This Week
- Game & Watch: The Legend of Zelda Announced
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Sequel Gets New Trailer
- Nintendo Treehouse: Live Shows Gameplay
Nintendo held a new Direct presentation for E3, which provided plenty of Switch RPG news. Shin Megami Tensei V gets a November release date and its first gameplay footage, DBZ: Kakarot comes to the console, and there are multiple Zelda-related reveals.
- Starfield Arriving November 2022
- The Outer Worlds 2 Announced
- Fallout 76 Steel Reign Update Launching in July, The Pitt Announced
The Xbox and Bethesda Games Showcase provided a few surprises. Sci-fi RPG Starfield gets a release date, though still no gameplay footage, while The Outer Worlds 2 gets even less than that but we at least know it’s coming.
- Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin Announced
- Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin Famitsu Interview Offers Additional Details
- Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters Announced
- Babylon’s Fall Shown, Beta Sign-Ups Open
Though Square Enix made sure to keep expectations of its E3 presentation light, it still had some interesting RPG reveals. Most notable of them is Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin, an action RPG being created alongside Koei Tecmo’s Team Ninja.
Publisher Freedom Games held a showcase of some of its upcoming titles for E3. The presentation included RPGs Dreamscaper, Coromon, Dark Deity, Sands of Aura, and Anuchard, with Dark Deity getting a surprise release just a day later.
After a period of silence, CyberConnect2 revealed that its latest Little Tail Bronx title is launching very soon. Fuga: Melodies of Steel will arrive on PC and consoles next month.
Other Selected Stories
- New River City Girls Titles Announced
- XSEED Games Makes E3 Announcements
- Limited Run Games Announces New Physical Releases
- Steam Next Fest Offers Large Selection of Demos
- Hades Launching on PlayStation, Xbox Consoles in August
- Diablo II: Resurrected Release Date Announced
- Eiyuden Chronicle Heading to Xbox Game Pass, Updated Release Windows
- Super Robot Wars 30 Announced
- ELEX II Announced
- Dodgeball Academia Announced
- Shiro Games Announces Wartales, Heading to Early Access
- SacriFire Announced, Undergoing Kickstarter Campaign
- Soulstice Announced
- Mechajammer Announced
- Tabletop-Inspired Sci-Fi RPG Citizen Sleeper Announced
- Adventure RPG Tails of Iron Announced
- Sandbox Adventure Kokopa’s Atlas Announced
- Shadows of Adam PS4 Version, Physical Release Announced
- Eldest Souls Release Date Announced
- Book of Travels Hitting Early Access in August
- Cake-Based RPG BattleCakes Coming to Xbox One, PC, Mac
- Chernobylite Enters the Zone in July
- The Witcher Tales: Thronebreaker Released on Android
- Bless Unleashed PC Version Launching in August
- Astria Ascending Launching in September
- Batora: Lost Haven Announces Closed Alpha
- Arboria Gets Launch Window
- Witch Spring 3 Re:Fine Gets New Trailer, Q3 2021 Release Window
- New Release Round-Up (June 17, 2021)
- Legend of Mana Gets Opening Movie
- Cris Tales Opening Cinematic Released
- Lost Eidolons Receives New Trailer
- NIS Classics Volume 1 Highlights Phantom Brave Remastered
- Meet Leysha in New Vampire: The Masquerade – Swansong Trailer
- Wildermyth Fully Releases
- Atomic Heart Gets New E3 Trailer
- Death Trash Gets a Taste for Meat in New Trailer
- Fourth-Wall-Breaking Glitched Receives New Trailer, Demo
- Farming Cat-Venture Snacko Gets Trailer
This week in Q&A Quest, we make horribly inaccurate E3 predictions. We also discuss the recently released Neptunia ReVerse.
The Legend of Dragoon is, without a doubt, the most polarizing game in RPG history. Maybe guests Andy, David, Robert, and Pascal can help find a middle ground?
Anna Marie, Chris, and Kelley are joined by special guest Ryan Radcliff! Chris swears every time E3 fails, an angel gets its wings. Anna Marie refuses to play games she’s in. Kelley wants to pet the cat cream roll. And Ryan is dragging around Paws’s corpse as he spins all the wheels.