RPGamer Round-Up: June 4 – June 11
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
Kuro no Ken is a Japan-only PC-98 and original PlayStation turn-based RPG. RPGamer’s man in Japan Michael Baker took a look back at its unique combat mechanics.
DON’T NOD’s latest narrative adventure takes players to a near-future Mediterranean island and across the boundary between realms. Polly will need to help the Aspirations of humanity in order to restore the balance between them.
NEOWIZ and Round8 Studio’s action RPG Lies of P offers a distorted tale derived from Pinnochio. RPGamer’s Murillo Zerbinatto was able to get an early look at the game’s demo.
- Final Fantasy VII Rebirth Gets New Trailer, Launching Early 2024
- Final Fantasy VII Ever Crisis Pre-Registration Open, Closed Beta Set for July
Square Enix released a new trailer for the second part of the Final Fantasy VII remake project, which is now set to launch on PS5 early next year. It also provided some new media for the upcoming Final Fantasy VII Ever Crisis as well as announcing pre-registrations and a closed beta.
Sega and Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio announced a release date for Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name. Kazuma Kiryu will be returning in November.
Bandai Namco officially revealed Sand Land. The action RPG is based on Dragon Ball creator’s 2000 manga of the same name.
NEOWIZ revealed a firm September release date for action RPG Lies of P. The game also now has a free demo available on PC and consoles.
World of Horror finally has a full release date. The horror RPG, inspired by the works of Junji Ito and H.P. Lovecraft, will release on PC, Mac, and consoles in October.
A sequel to 2021’s turn-based strategy RPG Dark Deity has been announced. Players will be able to defend the continent of Verroa from an all-new threat when the game releases on PC.
Beastieball is a turn-based volleyball RPG involving adorable Beasties. The game is the newest project from Chicory: A Colorful Tale developer Wishes Ultd.
PQube and Long Way Home’s narrative-driven adventure RPG Resistor sees players participate in death races. The prize is citizenship within one of the future wasteland’s self-contained city-states.
Humble Games and Summerfall Studios revealed console versions for Stray Gods: The Roleplaying Musical. The console versions will launch in early August alongside its PC release.
- Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak Gets Final Bonus Update
- Eternights Set for September
- Fae Farm Releasing in September
- My Time at Sandrock Fully Launching in September
- Symphony of War: The Nephilim Saga DLC Announced
- NIS America Releases Being Delisted from PSN, eShop
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II Switch Restored Content DLC Cancelled
- Turn-Based RPG Terra Memoria Announced
- Grifford Academy Announced for PC, Mobile
- Tales of Aravorn: An Elven Marriage Begins Kickstarter Campaign
- Harvest Moon Available on Nintendo Switch Online
- Numskull Games Handling Harvest Moon: The Winds of Anthos European Physical Release
- Legends of Amberland II: The Song of Trees Demo Released
- One Lonely Outpost Heading to Steam Early Access This Month
- Honkai: Star Rail Coming to PS4, PS5 Later This Year
- The Valiant Console Release Announced
- LISA: Definitive Edition Announced
- Deckbuilding Roguelite Deck of Souls Announced
- Enclave HD Releasing This Month
- Cross Tails Western Release Confirmed
- Baldur’s Gate III Trailer Reveals Gortash
- Demonschool Receives New Gameplay Trailer
- New SacriFire Trailer Released
- Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Trailer Gives a Choice Example
- Xicatrice Japanese Trailer Shows Gameplay Systems
- Farsiders Gets Alpha Gameplay Preview Video
- Throne and Liberty Gets Debut Trailer
- Enshrouded Gets Debut Gameplay Trailer
- Dream Tactics Gets New Trailer
- New Release Round-Up (June 8, 2023)
This week in Q&A Quest, we discuss the Etrian Odyssey series. We explain why the series is worth checking out despite issues translating it to single screen platforms.
- RPG Cast – Episode 679: “Some People Call Me Toe Fungus”
- RPG Cast – Episode 680: “Warning: Spicy Sausage”
Phil wonders if you can pet the gator and laughs at stupid Diablo IV hardcore deaths. Jason says that the wiener dog in a wheelchair is best companion. Kelley wishes there was CTRL+F in real life and goes for the all cannon ending. Ryan doesn’t have enough turn-based RPGs in his life.