RPGamer Round-Up: January 21 – January 28
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
It’s time to trade the neon lights of Japan for the sun and surf of Hawaii. Sam Wachter finds out how Ichiban Kasuga’s second adventure fares.
Atlas Wept is a retro-styled humanist adventure bringing a few twists to some classic RPG gameplay. Alex Fuller reports its dozen hours provide a touching story and worthwhile overall experience.
Crymachina is at its best when the focus is solely on the relationships between its characters. However, Jon Jansen discovers a convoluted story and systems lessen its emotional impact, particularly when excessive grinding and dull presentation also come into play.
In a year packed with large releases, Atlas Fallen got buried by the competition. Zack Webster sees if is there actually something to the little, overlooked game.
Lightbulb Crew’s newest title mixes superheroes, dating sim, and turn-based combat. RPGamer’s Alex Fuller was able to get an early look at the prologue demo for Nova Hearts.
Developer Artefacts Studio latest game arrives on PC and consoles in early March. Alex Fuller got to find out a bit more about strategy title Crown Wars: The Black Prince.
Square Enix announced that NieR Re[in]carnation is reaching its conclusion. The final story chapter of the mobile RPG will release at the end of March, with the game ending service a month later.
Following its launch in Japan, Atelier Resleriana: Forgotten Alchemy and the Polar Night Liberator is now available internationally. The game can be played on PC, iOS, and Android.
Obsidian Entertainment was present in the recent Xbox Developer_Direct. The studio offered a deep dive into first-person fantasy RPG Avowed ahead of the game’s launch this fall.
Solo developer Nameless Sword Studio and WhisperGames have announced The Nameless: Slay Dragon. The turn-based game focuses on exploration.
Nintendo has announced the exact date for its discontinuation of online services for 3DS and Wii U software. There are multiple features which will no longer be available from April.
- Tales of Seikyu Kickstarter Campaign Underway
- Dreamed Away Kickstarter Going Live Soon
- Zombie Fun Run Kickstarter Campaign Underway
This week features a trio of Kickstarter announcements. The campaigns for ACE Entertaintment’s Tales of Seikyu and Zeboyd’s Zombie Fun Run are ongoing, with that for Nicolas Petton’s Dreamed Away to begin very soon.
- Honkai Star Rail Version 2.0 Release Date Announced
- Horizon Forbidden West Coming to PC in March
- Ex Astris Releasing in February
- Lunar Silver Star Story Touch Comes to Android
- Sword Art Online: Last Recollection Gets Its First DLC
- Into the Necrovale Entering Early Access
- Guild Saga: Vanished Worlds Early Access Date Revealed
- Enshrouded Now Available on Early Access
- Last Epoch Pre-Order Details Revealed Along With Launch Trailer
- Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth Opening Movie Released
- New Gameplay Trailer for Bar Stella Abyss Released
- Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden Gets Story Trailer
- Persona 3 Reload Gets Battle Trailer, Opening Gameplay Footage
- New Release Round-Up (January 25, 2024)
This week in Q&A Quest, we discuss the new Prince of Persia game. We also discuss all the latest gaming news, both good and bad.
Josh increases his charisma with Sega Bass Fishing. Chris plays something other than Path of Exile. Kelley thinks the world sucks and goes to pet a cat.