RPGamer Round-Up: August 23 – August 30
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we take a look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to help give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our less regular visitors might have missed.
Wastebasket Games unashamedly takes the original The Legend of Zelda formula and gives it the hillbilly makeover along with an option for two-player co-op play. Elmon Dean Todd sees if these features improve Shotgun Legend over its primary influence or make it a mere clone.
Amazon Game Studios’ MMORPG New World is undergoing a preview, giving those who pre-ordered the chance to check it out. RPGamer was able to get an early look at its PvP War mode and learn a bit more about the game.
Sega has announced the official western release date for Yakuza: Like a Dragon. The date comes with some new media showing off the game’s new job system.
The newest Ys game will be making its western debut in February. The game will launch first on PS4, with PC and Switch versions to follow later in the year.
Warner Bros. has announced a new Batman game, sans Batman. Gotham Knights sees Batgirl, Nightwing, Red Hood, and Robin taking over as the protectors of Gotham City.
The SaGa series started over 30 years ago, though was released under the moniker Final Fantasy Legend in the west. Square Enix is giving Switch owners the chance to check out the original three games, first released on Game Boy, this December.
The Taiko no Tatsujin rhythm game series received a couple of RPGs in Japan for Nintendo 3DS. Bandai Namco announced a new Switch bundle containing ports of the two titles, and also revealed the bundle will be releasing worldwide.
Turn-based RPG Ikenfell is set to be released for PC and consoles this October. The game follows a group of six magical school students on their adventures.
The battle for Azeroth is entering the realm of the afterlife in the latest expansion for World of Warcraft. Shadowlands takes new and old players to the Great Beyond this October.
BioWare put out a Dragon Age-focused video during Gamescom Opening Night Live showing its work on a new game in the series. When we might get to see that game, or even learn of its title, remains a mystery.
Additional Selected Stories
- Top Hat Studios Announces Sonzai
- Monster Harvest Announced
- Verdant Village Now Available on Steam Early Access
- Chained Echoes Demo Available
- CrossCode Physical Release Pushed Back
- Battle Hunters Coming to PC, Switch in October
- Journey to the Mind of Madness with Borderlands 3 Psycho Krieg DLC
- Children of Morta Introduces Paws and Claws Charity DLC
- Phoenix Point: Legacy of the Ancients DLC Released
- Brave the Tides of Oblivion in New Pascal’s Wager DLC
- Atelier Ryza 2 Synthesis, New Characters Shown
- Project Haven Gets Gamescom Demo
- Bandai Namco Shows More Scarlet Nexus OSF Members
- Event Horizon Shows Dark Envoy Gameplay
- Cris Tales Gets New Trailer, More Party Members Shown
- Outriders’ New Technomancer Class Brings Full Co-op Gameplay
- Destiny 2 Shows New Stasis Element
- Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning Gets Finesse Trailer
- Ni no Kuni: Cross Worlds Mobile Title Gets New Trailer
- Yomi wo Saku Hana Gets Additional Gameplay Trailer
- Broken Roads Gets New Teaser
- Giraffe and Annika Launches for Consoles
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition Gets Behind-the-Scenes Featurette
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition Out Now
- Survive the Apocalypse with a Friend in Wasteland 3 Co-Op Trailer
- Wasteland 3 Arrives on PC and Consoles
- No Straight Roads Officially Debuts
- The Environments of Necromunda Take Spotlight in New Trailer
- Sword of the Necromancer Demo, Next-Gen Console Versions Announced
- Survival Adventure Windbound Released
- Nexomon: Extinction Launches
- Digital Store Weekly Round-Up (August 27, 2020)
This week in Q&A Quest the hosts discuss how to potentially brick your Nintendo 3DS in 42 easy steps. They also discuss tri-Ace’s Beyond the Labyrinth.
As Chris and Anna Marie work out where the Romulan Neutral Zone is in their bed, Kelley steps in to host the show. There’s also marbles and a decision to go and date some dog owners.