RPGamer Round-Up: June 21 – June 28
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we take a look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to help give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our less regular visitors might have missed.
The Brigandine series returns with a brand new title on Nintendo Switch. Ryan Radcliff sees if The Legend of Runersia is the next great strategy RPG on a Nintendo console, or just another mundane game about warring countries.
Ys: Memories of Celceta’s PlayStation 4 re-release is the same quality game we’ve seen on other platforms. Pascal Tekaia notes that’s not a bad thing, though those looking for new bells and whistles may not find what they’re seeking.
Dusk Diver takes a few inspirations from Persona and Yakuza in an action RPG set in the Ximending district of Taipei, Taiwan. It’s easy to dismiss it as an also-ran but Ryan McCarthy finds a low-key charm that makes it a pleasant experience while it lasts.
Square Enix’s mobile title Romancing SaGa Re;univerSe is now available in North America and Europe. Series producer Masanori Ichikawa was kind enough to answer a series of questions from RPGamer about the game.
Backloggin’ the Year is a feature that discusses the challenges and excitement that come with working through your backlog. In the second 2020 edition of the quarterly feature, Sam Wachter continues her journey to pare down her gaming backlog.
The RPGamer crew is back for another round of Chic Pixel’s annual celebration. In our introduction post, we share what staff are planning to play throughout the month.
During the New Game Plus Expo showcase, NIS America revealed Ys IX: Monstrum Nox is coming west. The latest title in Nihon Falcom’s action RPG series will release for PC, PS4, and Switch next year.
The conclusion of the Erebonian saga has a western release date. NIS America revealed that Trails of Cold Steel IV will launch on PS4 this October.
The first episode of Night City Wire offers more footage and details for CD Projekt RED’s Cyberpunk 2077. In addition to a new trailer and a look at the Braindance mode, there is also an announcement of an animated series produced by Studio Trigger.
NIS America and YummyYummyTummy are working on a follow-up for Fallen Legion. Set to release next year, Fallen Legion Revenants follows Lucien and Rowena after humanity is forced to retreat to a floating castle when the world becomes covered by miasma.
Inti Creates and Koji Igarashi are working on a sequel to 2018’s 8-bit Bloodstained spin-off project. Console and PC gamers will be able to continue demon-slaying very soon.
The Wordsworth Women’s Dormitory is now taking applications for the fall semester. Idea Factory revealed that school will be back in session for Death end re;Quest 2 in August.
Tales of Arise will not be launching in 2020. Producer Yusuke Tomizawa outlined the reasoning for the delay, but did share a new wallpaper for the game.
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition will get a free demo version when it launches this August. In addition, a new trailer highlights some of the new features in the remaster.
The Surge Concerto games, spin-offs to the Ar tonelico series, are getting re-released. There is currently no news on when or for what platforms Ciel nosurge DX and Ar nosurge DX will launch.
Additional Selected Stories
- Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate Heading to PC, Switch
- New Hades Update Pays the Blood Price
- Re:ZERO: The Prophecy of the Throne Coming Worldwide This Winter
- The Life and Suffering of Sir Brante Announced
- Focus Home Interactive Acquires Deck13
- Apan Added to Children of Morta Roster
- Full Length Trailer, More Details Released for The Legend of Heroes: Hajimari no Kiseki
- Grimshade Arrives on Switch This Week
- Megadimension Neptunia VII Launching on Switch in July
- Creators Introduce Romancing SaGa Re;univerSe Ahead of Launch
- Genshin Impact Final Closed Beta Begins Next Week
- The War of Genesis: Remnants of Gray Announced
- Tainted Grail Hits Early Access
- Mary Skelter Finale Opening Movie Released
- Little Town Hero Out Now on PlayStation 4
- Gatewalkers Open Alpha Available Over the Weekend
- Othercide Begins Behind-the-Scenes Webseries
- The Falconeer Receives Narrated Story Trailer
- Dreamscaper Gameplay Shown
- Fairy Tail Shows Magical Abilities
- New Neptunia Virtual Stars Trailer Shows VTubers in Action
- Digital Store Weekly Round-Up (June 25, 2020)
This week’s Q&A Quest heavily features The Outer Worlds. Just remember folks, it’s not the best choice, it’s Spacer’s Choice.
New Game Plus Expo comprises the bulk of this week’s news, while the crew ponders their love and hate for Phantasy Star Online 2. Listeners also get to find out what Anna Marie Privitere’s been secretly playing for the last few weeks.