RPGamer Round-Up: November 5 – November 12
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name brings Kazuma Kiryu back from the dead with a new, unconvincing agent persona. Sam Wachter shares her thoughts on whether Kiryu’s return is a success.
Dave the Diver brings its unique mix of adventure RPG and restaurant management sim gameplay to Nintendo Switch. Kevin Smith reports that the underwater adventure is a wonderful achievement from first time developer Mintrocket.
Whether one has experienced the previous iteration a decade ago or is a newcomer, the Lords of the Fallen reboot has plenty to offer. Pascal Tekaia finds this includes the jank along with the joy.
A year after its release, RPGamer takes a look back at one of 2022’s overlooked titles. Harvestella is much more than a farming sim, thanks in large part to the game’s ambitious and excellently executed story.
Opposites attract as a violent dance involving a hero and a princess sees them locked in a vicious time loop. Ryan Costa reports that Black Tabby Games’ Slay the Princess is a horror visual novel with the charm and power to stay memorable a long time.
Atlus released another hefty batch of screenshots and details for Persona 3 Reload. The latest information covers many parts of Tartarus exploration.
The first expansion for Diablo IV has been announced. Vessel of Hatred sees players venture into a new region with an all-new class late next year.
Blizzard has announced The Worldsoul Saga, a new trilogy of expansions for World of Warcraft. The first expansion, The War Within, arrives next year.
- Dragon Quest Monsters: The Dark Prince Details Online Modes
- Dragon Quest Monsters: The Dark Prince Gets Gameplay Introduction
Square Enix offers some new screenshots and information for Dragon Quest Monsters: The Dark Prince covering the game’s online modes. The company also put out a three-minute trailer giving a quick overview of the game.
Spike Chunsoft provided some additional details for Shiren the Wanderer: The Mystery Dungeon of Serpentcoil Island. New features include a mini-map, a Live Display Mode, and online rescues.
Silver Lemur Games announced that Legends of Amberland II will launch for PC in December. Xbox and Switch console releases will follow next year.
Red Hook Studios revealed the first DLC for Darkest Dungeon II. The Binding Blade will add two new heroes, plus a roaming mini-boss.
Other News and Trailers
- King Arthur: Knight’s Tale Coming to Consoles Next Year
- Fairune: Fragment Isles Announced
- Broken Roads Pushed to 2024
- Neptunia: Sisters Vs. Sisters Gets Switch Release Date, Xbox Teaser Trailer
- Of Blades & Tails Fully Releases on PC
- Astromeda Coming to PC and Consoles Next Year
- Enshrouded Early Access Date Announced
- Zenless Zone Zero Second Closed Beta Announced
- Touhou Spell Carnival First Details, Media Revealed
- Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 Reveals Brujah Clan
- Born of Bread Switch Demo Rises in Americas
- Persona 5 Tactica Developer Diary Discusses the Phantom Thieves
- Resistor Gets Debut Gameplay Trailer
- Jagged Alliance 3 Trailer Highlights Console Features
- Astral Ascent Gets Animated Pre-Launch Trailer
- Remnant II Shows Off the Ritualist
- New Release Round-Up (November 9, 2023)