World of Warcraft Introduces The Worldsoul Saga
Blizzard has announced a new set of three expansions for the long-running hit MMORPG World of Warcraft. The three titles will make up a new story trilogy titled The Worldsoul Saga. The first expansion, World of Warcraft: The War Within, is scheduled to arrive in 2024, with World of Warcraft: Midnight and World of Warcraft: The Last Titan planned to complete the saga in the years following. Blizzard released the first details for The War Within along with a cinematic trailer, which can be viewed below. The main features of The War Within are:
- New level cap: Players can now take their characters to level 80 as they battle through new content.
- New continent: Khaz Algar beckons players to explore the Isle of Dorn hub world, a magma forge in the Ringing Deeps, and the vibrant Hallowfall.
- New playable race: The Earthen are a new race with a unique culture on Khaz Algar.
- Content additions: Delves are smaller-scale adventures in the world which scale to support 1-5 players.
- QOL features: Players will be able to share banks, transmogs, and reputations across all their characters.
Pre-orders for The War Within are available now on the Battle.net website. A standard edition is available for $49.99, while Heroic and Epic editions with additional exclusive content cost $69.99 and $89.99 respectively. All players who pre-order will be given access to World of Warcraft: Dragonflight, the latest expansion which released in 2022.
World of Warcraft initially released in 2004 and quickly became one of the most popular and widely played PC games of all time. The MMORPG sees players create a custom character from a variety of races and venture to save the world of Azeroth with other players online. The long-running game has seen nine separate expansions release throughout the last two decades.