RPGamer Round-Up: March 26 – April 2
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
Square Enix has a new Theatrhythm title to celebrate the much-loved music of Final Fantasy. Alex Fuller reports that Theatrhythm Final Bar Line gives fans ample opportunity to enjoy a huge selection of fantastic tracks.
Jon Jansen was at PAX East on Saturday to check out some upcoming games. Here are his quick thoughts and notes a potential sleeper hit of 2023.
Square Enix was at PAX East with an hour-long panel for Final Fantasy XVI. Producer Naoki Yoshida and Localisation Director Michael-Christopher Koji Fox discussed various elements of the game with a decent amount of footage.
Series producer Eiji Aonuma provided a thirteen-minute look at some of Link’s new abilities in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. In addition, Nintendo announced a themed Nintendo Switch OLED Model.
Square Enix’s latest Final Fantasy XIV Letter from the Producer Live provided details on the next major update for the game. Patch 6.4, The Dark Throne, will release in late May.
Monster-collecting RPG Cassette Beasts will be releasing on PC and Linux in just under a month. Xbox and Switch console releases will follow later in spring.
Square Enix revealed that Forspoken’s story DLC will release in May. In Tanta We Trust takes Frey back into the past with a new ally.
Grinding Gear Games’s latest expansion for Path of Exile is launching in the first half of April. Crucible offers players the chance to further upgrade weapons with their own passive skill trees.
After launching on Switch last year, Live A Live’s remake is coming to PC and PlayStation consoles. The game launches on the new platforms in just under a month, with a demo available now.
Other Selected Stories
- Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis Adds Slayer Class, Chapter 5 Story
- Xicatrice Skill Systems Detailed
- Metroidvania 9 Years of Shadows Out on PC
- Atlas Fallen Delayed to August
- RPG Maker Unite Release Delayed
- Fuga: Melodies of Steel Gets New Update
- Noob: The Factionless Launching in June
- Backpack Hero to Fully Release in May
- Dreamed Away Demo Available on Steam
- More Classic Dungeons & Dragons Titles Released on Steam, GOG.com
- Black Book Releasing on iOS
- Goblin Slayer Another Adventurer: Nightmare Feast Planned to Release in Winter
- Curve Games Publishing Goblin Stone
New Early Access and Trailers
- Stories from the Outbreak Available on Steam Early Access
- Tainted Grail: The Fall of Avalon Arrives in Early Access
- First-Person Action RPG Raidborn Available on Early Access
- Mistrogue: Mist and the Living Dungeons Gets Gameplay Trailer
- Sword Art Online: Last Recollection Trailer Released
- Hunt the Night Gets Pre-Launch Media
- New Crymachina Trailer Released
- Tokyo Xanadu eX+ Japanese Switch Trailer Released
- New Release Round-Up (March 30, 2023)
This week in Q&A Quest, we discuss the Nintendo Switch port of Remnant: From yhe Ashes. We also catch up on some community questions.
Chris designs a new controller. Meanwhile, Kelley kills Sonic and Jason replaces his records with cassette tapes.