RPGamer Round-Up: June 7 – June 14
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we take a look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to help give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our less regular visitors might have missed.
Itch.io’s newest bundle challenges racial injustice, inequality, and police brutality against Black people. With so many games included, it will take some time to explore. It’s a good thing we’re here to help.
The Persona series has arrived on PC with little forewarning. Persona 4 Golden is available now and RPGamer has been able to report back on how the first thirty hours stack up.
Sony held its Future of Gaming presentation this week, focusing on many titles coming to the PlayStation 5, as well as showing the new console itself. Included in the presentation were numerous RPGs, including a Demon’s Souls remake and Horizon Forbidden West.
One of the announcements during the PC Gaming Show was a PC release for Persona 4 Golden. The game is available to buy and download right now on Steam.
Atlus announced that 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim will arrive in North America and Europe this September. The game will launch with just Japanese audio, but English voice overs will be added in a later patch.
Baldur’s Gate III put in an appearance during the Guerrilla Collective showcase. The game will be arriving on Steam Early Access this August, assuming things all go to plan, with a new gameplay stream coming on Thursday.
Modus Games, Dreams Uncorporated, and SYCK have revealed a release date for Cris Tales. The game will launch this November, with the demo version receiving some new additions.
Keylocker is a cyberpunk turn-based rhythm RPG from Virgo Versus the Zodiac developer Moonana. The game sees players joining the rebellion by forming a band on Saturn, where music has been outlawed for over a century.
Those waiting to pick up CrossCode will soon have further opportunity to jump in. Digital console versions of the game will be available next month, with physical editions another month behind.
Bungie has revealed its newest expansion for Destiny 2, Beyond Light. The reveal came with multiple other announcements regarding the future of the game.
Isometric RPG Pathfinder: Kingmaker is coming to consoles this August. The console version will come with all of the PC DLC and see the arrival of a turn-based combat mode.
Gato Salvaje Studio’s The Waylanders will be hitting Steam Early Access very soon. The initial version will include roughly a quarter of the game’s content, with a full release expected later this year or early next year.
Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 is getting a premium edition for big fans and even digital buyers will be able to get in on it. Also, a new trailer reveals the return of a familiar face.
Additional Selected Stories
- Cyberpunk RPG Jack Move Announced
- No Place for Bravery Announced
- Horrorpunk Action RPG Morbid: The Seven Acolytes Releasing This Year
- Rogue Lords Announced
- Cardaclysm Announced
- Almighty: Kill Your Gods Announced
- Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town Releasing on PC
- XSEED Games Publishing Potionomics
- One Way Heroics Plus, Hakoniwa Explorer Plus Heading to Switch This Month
- RPG Maker MZ Announced
- Phantasy Star Online 2 Details Content Road Map for the Rest of 2020
- Project Warlock Out on Consoles This Week
- Monster Crown Hitting Steam Early Access Next Month
- SpellForce III: Fallen God Expansion Announced
- Torchlight III Now on Steam Early Access
- Dauntless Answers Call of the Void This Week
- The Bard’s Tale Remastered Coming to Nintendo Switch, Xbox One
- Windbound Set to Launch Late August, New Gameplay Trailer
- Episode 2 of Light Fairytale Heading to PC in Q3 2020
- Oceanhorn 2 Receives Major Update
- KonoSuba Rerelease Confirmed for Japan This August
- Sega Shows Yakuza: Like a Dragon Gameplay in Summer of Gaming Interview
- New Trailer Provides In-Depth Look at Paper Mario: The Origami King
- New Dev Diary Explains Gamedec’s Branching Narrative Choices
- Boyfriend Dungeon Receives Gameplay Video
- The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos Gets Gameplay Footage
- Story Trailer Arrives for Summer in Mara
- Werewolf: The Apocalypse – Earthblood Gets Cinematic Trailer
- Unexplored 2 Gets Trailer, Releasing on Epic Games Store
- Mortal Shell Gets Gameplay Footage
- Fae Tactics Trailer Pops Up In PC Gaming Show
- Faction Fever Grips Wasteland 3 in New Trailer
- Unsung Story: Tale of the Guardians Gets Gameplay Footage
- Gameplay Trailer Released for Xuan-Yuan Sword VII
- Neptunia Virtual Stars Receives Japanese Overview Trailer
- Godfall Gets PC Gameplay Trailer
- Necromunda: Underhive Wars Welcomes Players with Story Trailer
- Digital Store Weekly Round-Up (June 11, 2020)
Falcom has delivered a number of titles over the years that aren’t part of its currently-ongoing series, and we tackle a sextet of them here. From the Zwei titles to Brandish: The Dark Revenant, this covers quite a bit of ground.
This week in Q&A Quest we take a moment to discuss a serious topic. We then shift back full force into rambling video game ruminations.
Before we go and pre-order all of the games from “Steve”, we recorded a podcast for you. Chris and Kelley complain about Civilization VI on Switch, Johnathan rages in some streets, and Josh is trying to find where to turn all his sidequests in. Now we’re off to go and be feline couriers.