RPGamer Round-Up: February 9 – February 16
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we take a look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to help give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our less regular visitors might have missed.
SaGa Scarlet Grace was the first brand new SaGa title in over a decade when it launched for PlayStation Vita in Japan in 2016. The game finally hit the west in December in its enhanced Ambitions port, and now Elmon Dean Todd gives his thoughts on the game.
Those who missed out on the original Wii U title can now enjoy Tokyo Mirage Sessions’ encore on Nintendo Switch. Anna Marie Privitere reports back on her experience with the game.
The world of Grimshade is one where anthropomorphic badgers, bears, pigs, and other animals coexist alongside humans. Mike Moehnke determines that it’s a title with plenty of interesting elements, but also some significant technical issues.
Mike Moehnke takes a look back at the second South Park RPG. He finds that it is one of the occasional licensed titles that actually does its source justice, but that it’s probably one only fans of the series will fully appreciate.
Rune Factory 4 Special looks to help tide RPGamers over with an enhanced version of the last title while they wait for the upcoming fifth game. Matt Masem has been checking out the upcoming Switch release and come back with his impression of its early portions.
Sakura Wars will finally return to North America and Europe in a couple of months. Sega revealed that the series reboot will be hitting PS4 at towards the end of April.
Katana Kami: A Way of the Samurai Story was already confirmed for release in Japan next week. Spike Chunsoft has now revealed that the release will be a worldwide one.
Just short of the game’s first anniversary, BioWare has announced it is working on a redesign for Anthem. The developer will be looking at improving the game’s core gameplay loop, as well as its progression systems.
Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 is returning players to the setting of the first game. Its upcoming Warlords of New York expansion will see players hunting down a rogue agent.
- More Final Fantasy VII Remake Screenshots Show Multiple Elements
- Final Fantasy VII Remake Opening Movie Revealed
Square Enix provided some new screenshots showing multiple elements of the Final Fantasy VII Remake, including some new sidequests. It also showed the game’s opening movie, which ends in a very familiar way.
NIS America has announced release dates for Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen. Western RPGamers will finally get the chance to play the first game in the series this May.
Square Enix announced that People Can Fly’s cooperative shooter RPG Outriders will launch during this year’s holiday period. A reveal stream covered multiple areas of the game, showing off plenty of gameplay footage.
Additional Selected Stories
- Corruption 2029 Announced, Launching Next Week
- Corruption 2029 Gets Some Gameplay Footage
- Langrisser I & II Demo Available Next Week
- Cloudpunk Heading to Consoles
- Strategy RPG Together in Battle Announced
- Gamedec Dev Diary Introduces Harvest Time
- Zenkichi Howls at the Moon in New Persona 5 Scramble Character Trailer
- Persona 5 Scramble Gets New Trailer Ahead of Japanese Launch
- Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Prophecy Released on Consoles
- Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Adds Turn-Based Mode
- Bless Unleashed Launching in March
- Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris Gets New Gameplay Trailer, Screenshots
- Remnant: From the Ashes Physical Edition Releasing in March
- Operencia: The Stolen Sun Expands to More Platforms
- UEDI: Shadow of the Citadel Announced
- The Pale City Heading to Steam
- Yggdra Union Heading to Switch in Japan
- Underhero for Switch Delayed
- Strategy RPG Tears of Avia to be Published by PQube
- The Game Bakers Releases Haven Opening Movie
- Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Trailer Shows Two Upcoming Variant Monsters
- Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX Gets New Trailers
- Cat Quest Pawsome Pack Announced
- The Dark Eye: Book of Heroes Gets New Bit of Gameplay Footage
- Snack World: The Dungeon Crawl Gold Now Available
- Yakuza 5 Remastered Out Now
- Azur Lane: Crosswave Out Now on PS4, PC
- Darksiders Genesis Launches on Consoles with New Trailer
- Digital Store Weekly Round-Up (February 13, 2020)
Once upon a time, a dream team of RPG talent created something called Chrono Trigger, and a few years later a sequel called Chrono Cross made its way onto store shelves. The RPG Backtrack looks back at both of these titles in its latest episode.
Due to the absence of his co-host, Phil Willis flies solo on the latest episode of The Hunt. He shares his latest exploits and all the of latest Iceborne news.
Chris and Anna Marie are joined by Josh, Kelley, and Peter for the latest RPGCast. The group discusses what they’ve been playing, the latest RPG news, and most importantly the available romance options in the Mass Effect trilogy.