RPGamer Round-Up: November 7 – November 14
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
Shin Megami Tensei V demands players be patient, pay attention, and learn from their failures, but it’s never unfair. Jervon Perkins reports that it balances challenge with enough tools to make it accessible to franchise newcomers.
What’s more fun than hanging out with your friends, stealing a magical sword, and escaping the Machine Devil? Pack some snacks and fill up the gas tank, because Sam Wachter finds that Get in the Car, Loser! is a road trip worth taking.
Based on its predecessor’s reception, RPGamers could be forgiven for being wary of The Caligula Effect 2. However, Alex Fuller learns that FuRyu and Historia have turned it into a very pleasant surprise.
Phil Willis jumps into Solasta: Crown of the Magister to try his hand at saving the world. Does this game roll high, or is it a critical fail?
SWERY has a reputation for insane, off-the-wall storytelling and The Good Life is no exception. Ryan Costa finds out whether the gameplay follows suit.
Kodansha Game Creators’ Lab and Megarock (aka Shoji Meguro) officially revealed Guns Undarkness. The game is a stealth RPG with command-based combat and being developed for PC.
Action RPG sequel ELEX II will be releasing at the start of March. THQ Nordic and Piranha Bytes also revealed a Collector’s Edition for the game.
Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl received some new details ahead of their launch next week. The games are getting a new area where players can encounter Legendary Pokémon as well as some bonuses for play data of previous titles.
NIS America provided a western release date for the Nintendo Switch version of Shinobi Games’s Labyrinth Legend. The hack-and-slash action RPG will hit the eShop in January.
2K Games and Gearbox Software are looking to gear players up for Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands. As part of that, they have released 2013 Borderlands 2 DLC Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep as a standalone title.
Other Selected Stories
- The Waylanders Delayed, Advanced Classes Revealed
- Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr Announces New DLC
- Two Empire of Sin Updates Arrive in November
- Seven Knights 2 Releasing This Week
- Fishing Paradiso Casting onto PC, Switch
- Edge of Eternity Receives Update
- Anuchard Switch Version Announced
- Vampire: The Masquerade – Swansong Video Focuses on Soundtrack
- Lies of P Gameplay Trailer Released
- Megaton Musashi Receives New Japanese Videos
- Blue Reflection: Second Light Out Now
- Shin Megami Tensei V Out Now
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition Now Available
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Released on Switch
- New Release Round-Up (November 11, 2021)
Chris just wants to ride a chocobo and get a headshot, but he’s old and his fingers hurt. Speaking of, Kelley’s Digimon died of old age. Meanwhile, Josh five hours The Good Life and goes to fight a bear (as in rawr). And the whole cast travels to the world of Pinocchisouls.