RPGamer Round-Up: December 3 – December 10
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
Larian Studios took its time with Baldur’s Gate III, and certainly didn’t skimp on its content. After taking some time ourselves to fully digest it, we are ready to offer thoughts on the very impressive release product.
It’s time to return to rainy Seattle and catch up with all of our fantastical friends. Sam Wachter returns to the world of Coffee Talk for its second episode.
Fear not, for Extremely Powerful Capybaras are here. While the game is out now, readers can find out what they’re in for with Sarah McGarr’s delayed PAX West demo impression.
Square Enix released a new trailer for Final Fantasy VII Rebirth premiering the game’s theme song. The company also provided additional details for the second part in the remake trilogy.
The Mana series is getting a brand new entry. The first new mainline title in over fifteen years, Visions of Mana is planned to launch in 2024.
Square Enix revealed its two planned DLC for Final Fantasy XVI. The first of those, Echoes of the Fallen, is available right now.
Game Science revealed the release date for Black Myth: Wukong. The action RPG inspired by Journey to the West will arrive in August.
Atlus provided some more information for Metaphor: ReFantazio. A new trailer, images, and details cover the game’s story and some major characters.
Capcom is getting ahead of things with the reveal of its newest Monster Hunter title. More details about Monster Hunter Wilds are expected in summer.
Developer Archetype Entertainment revealed its sci-fi RPG Exodus. Players will find that their interstellar missions are made more complicated thanks to time dilation.
Private Division and Moon Studios unveiled No Rest for the Wicked. The isometric action RPG is planned to get a full showcase in March ahead of an Early Access release.
The second DLC expansion for Pokémon Scarlet and Violet releases next week. The Pokémon Company released new details and media for what awaits players in Blueberry Academy.
Other News and Announcements
- The First Berserker: Khazan Officially Revealed
- Baldur’s Gate III Now Available on Xbox Series X|S
- Rise of the Ronin Set for March
- Eastward’s Octopia DLC Releasing in January
- Palia Launching on Switch Next Week
- Momodora: Moonlit Farewell Set for January
- Inazuma Eleven: Victory Road PC Version Revealed
- Arknights: Endfield PS5 Release, PC Technical Test Announced
- Snowman Story Coming to Steam This Month
- Wartales DLC Releasing Next Week
- PID Games Publishing The Land Beneath Us
- Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 Final Playable Clan Revealed
- Shadow Gambit: The Cursed Crew Gets New DLC
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance Gets Switch Release Update
- Persona 3 Reload Trailer Talks Meaning of Life
- Persona 3 Reload Spotlights Ken, Shinjiro
- Dragon Age: Dreadwolf Gets New Teaser, Set for Summer Reveal
- Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn Gets New Trailer
- Honkai: Star Rail, Zenless Zone Zero Get New Trailers
- Tsurugihime Teaser Trailer Released
- The First Descendant Set for Summer, New Trailer Released
- Resistor Receives New Introduction Trailer
- Fallout 76: Atlantic City’s Boardwalk Paradise Update Out Now
- New Release Round-Up (December 7, 2023)
Our look back NieR continues with a sequel that surpassed the original in popularity and sales. Ryan (Scar), Josh, and Pascal visit the show to talk about NieR: Automata and everybody wonders if sexy androids dream of sexy electric sheep.
This week in Q&A Quest, we dive into a variety of questions from the backlog. We also discuss some recently announced niche games.
Chris believes rabites are full of juice. Kelley’s furry tank game bias is exposed. Robert gets to be the Snivey he always was inside.