RPGamer Round-Up: June 12 – June 19
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
In RPG Time: The Legend of Wright, players are introduced to the world of Cardbordia and tasked with saving the princess. Paul Shkreli reports time on his time with the pop-up storyboard adventure.
Omega Force’s Warriors series crosses over with a new property for Touken Ranbu Warriors. Anthropomorphic swords fighting in the late Sengoku period sounds like a great fit, but Alex Fuller finds that the diluted gameplay quickly runs thin.
Steam Next Fest provided players with a chance to check out many indie RPGs. Ryan Costa finds time to explore the demos for cozy life-sim Spirittea, 3D action-adventure RPG XEL, and tactical roguelike deckbuilding Sigil of the Magi.
Square Enix’s Final Fantasy VII 25th Anniversary Celebration video had plenty for fans. In addition to unveiling Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, it also revealed a Crisis Core remaster and Steam release for Final Fantasy VII Remake.
Bethesda Softworks has finally shown the first gameplay footage from Starfield. Viewers can get a look at the game’s exploration, combat, spaceship building, and more.
Microsoft made a big deal of a trio of Persona titles hitting Xbox platforms. However, it was revealed quickly enough that they’re also heading to other platforms too.
Capcom’s tenth anniversary video message for Dragon’s Dogma took a look back at the fondly-remembered action RPG. However, it also ended with a look to the future with the reveal that Dragon’s Dogma II is in development.
NIS America has finally announced a western release for Labyrinth of Galleria: The Moon Society. The dungeon crawler will release on PC and consoles early next year.
Ysbryd Games and Necrosoft Games have announced Demonschool. The tactical RPG is inspired by Persona and Italian horror, and is coming to PC and consoles next year.
During the Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase, Koei Tecmo and Team Ninja announced Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty. It is being created by the producers of Nioh and Bloodborne and takes players to a dark fantasy version of China’s Later Han Dynasty.
I Was a Teenage Exocolonist is a narrative coming-of-age life sim set on an alien planet. Players control a young colonist and live out their teenage years.
Other Selected Stories
- Omori Hitting Consoles This Week
- Fairytale RPG Ravenlok Announced
- Team17 Unveils Sunday Gold
- Sword & Fairy: Together Forever Releasing in August
- Citizen Sleeper Getting Free DLC
- SpellForce: Conquest of Eo Announced
- Blackguards 2 Launching on Switch Today
- Tales of Aravorn: Seasons of the Wolf Hitting Consoles This Week
- Soulstice Set for September
- Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak Gets More Monsters, Demo
- Outriders Worldslayer Endgame Content Showcased
- Ikonei Island: An Earthlock Adventure Getting Open Beta Next Week
- Live A Live Trailers Show Present Day, Distant Future
- Alterium Shift Gets Gameplay Trailer and Publisher, New Demo Coming in Q3
- Live by the Sword: Tactics Gets Publisher, Full Release Window
- Disgaea 6 Complete Gets a Demo
- Digimon Survive Gets New English Trailer
- Frozen Flame Trailer Released, Hitting Steam Early Access in Fall
- Cassette Beasts Fuses New Trailer
- Superfuse Gets Gameplay Trailer
- Batora: Lost Haven Gets Gameplay Primer
- Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn Gameplay Shown
- System Shock Remake Receives Gameplay Trailer
- Arcadian Atlas Gets New Trailer, 2023 Release
- New Release Round-Up (June 16, 2022)