RPGamer Round-Up: June 6 – June 13
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we take a look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
Outriders is a good blend of the depth of RPGs with the intensity of shooters. However, Luis Mauricio finds the hybrid lacks something groundbreaking in order to be a serious contender in either genre.
RPGamer was given the chance to jump into the latest beta build of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. Phil Willis shares his early impressions of Owlcat Games’ follow-up to Pathfinder: Kingmaker.
Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance lets players fight as Drizzt and his allies across Icewind Dale. RPGamer’s Alex Fuller was given the opportunity to try out the game ahead of its launch later this month.
Lucky Prescott and her pals rode into theaters this month with the new film, Spirit Untamed, but also found time to gallop onto consoles with the release of Lucky’s Big Adventure. Paul Shkreli’s daugher was the prime reason for him to check out the game.
In the month of May, Paul Shkreli focused on vintage Sailor Moon games. Find out which games are a treat and which ones are a punishment in the name of the moon.
The good news is that FromSoftware’s latest project Elden Ring finally has a release date. The bad news is that it’s not coming out until next year, though RPGamers won’t have much longer to wait.
Mario and the Rabbids are teaming up once more. Sparks of Hope sees the unlikely allies saving the galaxy from the mysterious entity known as Cursa.
Monark is a new RPG where players are trapped in a school that is crawling with trouble. The game’s taglines deal with ego and madness, and it’s coming out later this year in Japan, with a 2022 expected western launch.
The pixelated warfare series Metal Slug jumps into the tactical waters with tactical spin-off Metal Slug Tactics. RPGamers won’t need to jump on any grenades, but will need to wait on a solid release window.
Koch Media has announced a new publishing label. Prime Matter already has a number of RPGs on its books.
Amazon Games officially announced it is bringing Smilegate RPG’s Lost Ark to North America and Europe. The free-to-play MMORPG will launch this fall.
Other Selected Stories
- Salt and Sacrifice Announced, Launching Early Next Year
- Hunt the Night Announced
- Gearbox Announces Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands
- Zodiac Legion Announced
- Tribes of Midgard to Launch in July
- Death’s Door Opening in July
- Monster Harvest Release Pushed to August
- Godfall Expansion, PS4 Release Set for August
- Death’s Gambit Rides Again with Afterlife Expansion, Switch Release
- Mortal Shell: The Virtuous Cycle Announced
- Wizardry: The Five Ordeals Coming to Early Access in June
- Black Skylands Gets New Early Access Date, Trailer
- Free DLC Coming to Sword of the Necromancer
- Tactical Adventures Announces New Studio
- Guild of Dungeoneering Ultimate Edition Announced
- King’s Bounty II Pre-Orders Open, Collector’s Edition Revealed
- Sacred Fire Receives New Trailer, Demo and Early Access Details
- Garden Story to Sprout This Summer
- The Last Spell Now on Steam Early Access
- Lost Epic Now on Steam Early Access
- A Township Tale Launching on Oculus Quest in July
- My Time at Portia Goes Mobile in August
- Demo Announced for Mech-Combat RPG Wolfstride
- New Release Round-Up (June 10, 2021)
- Tales of Arise Introduces Dohalim and Kisara
- Edge of Eternity Fully Launches for PC
- Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis Launches Globally
- Monster Hunter Stories 2 Roars With a New Trailer
- Wasteland 3’s The Battle of Steeltown Begins
- DBZ: Kakarot DLC Trunks the Warrior of Hope Receives Launch Trailer
- New Gameplay Trailer for Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance
- Neptunia ReVerse Out Now on PS5
- New World Gets Summer Game Fest Deep Dive
- Roguebook Gets Combat Trailer
- Chernobylite Gets Story Trailer
- Unexplored 2 Gets New Trailer
- Loot River Pieces Together Developer Walkthrough Trailer
- Moonglow Bay Gets New Video
- Black Book Receives New Media
- Survival RPG Decision: Red Daze Gets Gameplay Videos
- Steelrising Gets New Uprising Trailer
- Disciples: Liberation Gets Gameplay Trailer
This week in Q&A Quest, your hosts are very tired. We also discuss the latest E3 rumors.
On this week’s show, Chris is going through his failed Kickstarters; Anna Marie is off banging a ghost, which was fun; Kelley is collecting wheels of cheese in Skyrim; Josh is lookin’ fly in his Yakuza shoes; and Alex wonders why he didn’t just skip this week and write more E3 stories.