RPGamer Round-Up: October 8 – October 15
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
Set around conflicts and conspiracies in a modern-day world, This I Dreamt’s Long Gone Days tries to tackle a lot of heavy topics. Ryan Costa finds out if the turn-based RPG does them justice.
Fae Farm offers itself a competitor to games like Stardew Valley and Story of Seasons. Sam Wachter reports that it makes a splash, but for the wrong reasons.
Unawake Steam Next Fest demo offers a first taste of its DOOM and Diablo hybrid gameplay. Andron Smith was able to get an early look at the action RPG looter-slasher and report back.
- Persona 3 Reload Yukari Character Trailer Released
- Persona 3 Reload Shows Iwatodai Dorm Life
- More Persona 5 Tactica Tactical Training Videos Released
Atlus has new trailers for Persona 3 Reload, showing some of the side activities available for students in the Iwatodai Dorm and introducing Yukari. The company also had Sergeant Morgana on hand to teach viewers more about the strategy in the upcoming Persona 5 Tactica spin-off.
Bandai Namco released a new developer diary for Sand Land discussing the vehicular combat options players have, plus some of the enemies they will encounter in the action RPG. Meanwhile, the reveal of its main voice cast comes with an story trailer.
Square Enix Collective revealed that AstralShift’s Little Goody Two Shoes launches in a few weeks. The narrative-based horror RPG pays homage to PlayStation and PlayStation 2 titles as well as 1990s/2000s anime.
The first major content update for Dave the Diver has arrived on PC. The update brings new quests, fish, and characters to the diving adventure before its upcoming Nintendo Switch launch.
Armor Games Studio and insertdisc5 announced a November release date for In Stars and Time. The turn-based, time-loop RPG will be available on PC, PS4, PS5, and Switch.
Fool’s Theory and 11 bit studios announced a December PC release date for The Thaumaturge. The companies also announced a console release next year and showed off a new gameplay trailer.
Other News and Trailers
- Arashi: Castles of Sin – Final Cut Releasing in December
- Sands of Aura Fully Releasing This Month
- Asterigos: Curse of the Stars Celebrates Anniversary With Content Update
- Pillars of Dust Rising on Switch Next Week
- Great Ambition of the Slimes Coming to Switch
- Mercenaries Lament Released on PS4, PS5; PC Version Announced
- Ikonei Island: An Earthlock Adventure Gets Release Date
- Tamarak Trails Introduces Its Playable Heroes
- Star Ocean: The Second Story R Teasers Introduce Claude, Rena
- My Time at Sandrock Trailer Gives Gameplay Overview
- Tales of Arise: Beyond the Dawn Trailer Shows Its New Quests
- New Release Round-Up (October 12, 2023)
This week in Q&A Quest, we discuss the latest gaming news. We also discuss manga and anime and the dangers of filler.
Sam wants two things, coke and nuggs. Robert hails the hypnobooty. Ryan has to go recruit more Ryans. And Chris commissions a new Sesame Street horror adventure. Guard your eyes.