RPGamer Round-Up: July 19 – July 26
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we take a look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to help give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our less regular visitors might have missed.
Eiyuden Chronicle is the newly-announced debut title from Rabbit & Bear Studios, a new studio formed by Suikoden series creator Yoshitaka Murayama. RPGamer was given the opportunity to ask some questions about the game, which will begin a Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign on Monday.
Star Renegades is a squad-based sci-fi roguelike from Raw Fury and Massive Damage. RPGamer was able to check out an hour-long demo featuring the game’s opening pair of missions.
The fourth week of #JRPGJuly has passed. We check in with our staff to see how they’ve progressed through their chosen games.
Suikoden series creator Yoshitaka Murayama has founded a new development studio. Rabbit & Bear Studios’ first title is Eiyuden Chronicle, which has a number of other veterans on the team.
The newest title in the Yakuza series will hit North America and Europe this November, with a PS5 version confirmed to be in development. Sega also announced that the game will come with English and Japanese voice overs.
- Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis Announced
- Sega Provides Extra Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis Info
During the Xbox Games Showcase, Sega announced Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis. It later provided some more details on the new title, including that both the original game and New Genesis will run concurrently, with certain elements shared between the two.
A HD remake of the third mainline Shin Megami Tensei title is coming to Switch and PS4. Meanwhile, the fifth game is confirmed to be releasing worldwide next year.
Though Atelier heroines have appeared in subsequent titles, until now none has stayed in the role of main protagonist. Ryza will buck that trend when she returns for Atelier Ryza 2 this winter.
Dragon Quest XI S will be coming to new platforms in December. In addition to letting PS4 and PC players access the improvements over the original version, the release will also see the series make its Xbox debut.
Obsidian Entertainment had some reveals during the Xbox Games Showcase. The developer announced the first expansion for The Outer Worlds, as well as a new first-person RPG set in the Pillars of Eternity universe.
The western release of 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim has been pushed back a couple of weeks. However, this news comes with the reveal that the game’s English voice acting will be available to players at launch with a Day One patch.
The latest Letter from the Producer for Final Fantasy XIV included more details on the upcoming major patch for the game. Meanwhile, the game’s Free Trial version is being expanded to include all of A Realm Reborn and Heavensward.
Additional Selected Stories
- New Fable Entry Announced
- Star Renegades to Launch in September
- Cadence of Hyrule DLC Announced
- Destiny 2: Beyond Light Expansion Delayed
- Fae Tactics Launching End of July
- Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin Arriving in November
- The Falconeer to Release Day One on Xbox Series X
- Hoshi wo Miru Hito Launching on Switch Next Week
- Fate/EXTRA Record Announced
- Fate/EXTELLA Games Released on Mobile in Japan
- Phantom Doctrine 2: The Cabal Announced
- Cris Tales Demo Released on Consoles
- Death end re;Quest 2 PC Release Brought Forward
- Hellpoint Delayed on Switch
- King of Seas Announced
- Crown Trick Re-Announced for 2020 Release
- Dreamscaper Wakes to Early Access Date
- Open Beta for Blightbound Lands Ahead of Release Date
- Survival RPG Frozen Flame to Receive Closed Beta in September
- The Waylanders Arrives on GOG.com’s Games in Development July 27
- Yo-kai Watch Academy Y Gets New Trailer
- Yomi wo Saku Hana Heading to PS4, Switch in Japan
- Digital Store Weekly Round-Up (July 23, 2020)
This week’s Q&A Quest features a lengthy discussion of Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song. It also branches out into a talk about the live action and animated DC Entertainment movies for some reason.
Join Anna Marie, Chris, Josh, and Kelley this week, as things get a little weirder than usual. A sticky soda fracas kicks off the show. Meanwhile, Kelley runs the news section for the first time, which is good since Chris stomps off after discovering that this is definitely the worst timeline of them all.