RPGamer Round-Up: Apr. 21 – Apr. 28
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s newest column, where we take a quick look back at some of the articles we’ve posted throughout the week. This article is designed to help give reminders for some interesting editorial content and stories that our less regular visitors might have missed.
Developer Image & Form takes its steampunk robots into the RPG realm with SteamWorld Quest. Matt Masem finds that the Switch title provides memorable characters, an engaging battle system, and beautiful graphics.
Spike Chunsoft’s newest title sees it teaming up with Lost Dimension developer Lancarse for dungeon-crawler Zanki Zero: Last Beginning. Alex Fuller investigates its hypothetical advances in cloning technology and finds some caveats, not least the end of the world.
While many more years will likely go by before the remake of Final Fantasy VII comes out, Final Fantasy IX is available now on consoles. Do touched-up character models and combat cheats make a twenty-year-old game new again?
Grid-based steampunk dungeon crawler Vaporum was designed and released for the PC a couple of years back, before coming to consoles this year. Matt Masem sees how its PS4 version holds up.
- Persona 5 Royal Releasing in Japan in October, Coming West in 2020
- Atlus Announces Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers
Atlus held the two-day Persona Super Live concert event this week, and each of those days saw some new reveals. Persona 5 Royal is an enhanced version of Persona 5 with lots of new content, including a couple of new characters, while Persona 5 Scramble is an action RPG spin-off being developed with Koei Tecmo’s Omega Force studio.
Famitsu recently published a preview for Fire Emblem: Three Houses. The preview included new information about the game’s story and class system, along with many images.
Doraemon Story of Seasons sees the farming sim franchise combining with the characters of the manga and anime series starring a time-travelling robotic cat. Bandai Namco has followed up last week’s Japanese release announcement with news that the game is also coming west and to PC.
- Dragon Star Varnir Limited Edition Announced, More Details Provided
- Super Neptunia RPG to Release in June
Idea Factory International has another couple of announcements this week. The first concerns a limited edition and some extra details for Dragon Star Varnir, while the second sees Super Neptunia RPG getting some June release dates.
Square Enix released a new trailer and screneshots introducing the main characters of Tokyo RPG Factory’s new title Oninaki. The game is coming to PC, PS4, and Switch this summer.
Additional Selected Stories
- Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission Gets Update, Demo Now Available
- Atelier Lulua Shows Its Combat
- Slay the Spire Coming to PS4
- Kingdom Hearts III Critical Mode Coming Today
- Mikage Provides New Criminal Girls X Details, First Images
- Dauntless Receives Path of the Slayer Update
- BattleTech: Urban Warfare Picks Engagement Date
- Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 Introduces Thinbloods
- Ys IX: Monstrum Nox Hits Japan in September
- BioWare Provides Update on Anthem’s Post-Launch Content
- Full Steam Ahead for Torchlight Frontiers’ Railmaster Class
- Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen Out Now on Switch
- Dark Devotion Out Now on PC
- Kickstarter Check-In: Kingdom of Night
- Digital Store Weekly Round-Up (April 25, 2019)
Q&A Quest returns after a short break. This episode has the hosts delving into the world of games as a service as well as discussing the future of Monster Hunter.