RPGamer Round-Up: May 14 – May 28
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week (or in this case, two weeks). This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
Ash of Gods: The Way is a follow-up to Ash of Gods: Redemption, focusing more on strategic deckbuilding. Alex Fuller finds that while it ultimately may not stick long in the memory, its varied battles make for good engagement.
The world of Medhram is a dark, violent place facing an even darker, more violent future. Pascal Tekaia reports back on Moonlight Games’ action RPG Hunt the Night.
Atelier Marie Remake: The Alchemist of Salburg is headed for PC this summer. RPGamer’s Paul Shkreli was given a chance to check on how things are cooking up.
Outerloop Games’s debut title Thirsty Suitors features turn-based combat, skateboarding, and cooking. RPGamer was able to ask Chandana “Eka” Ekanayake and Aung Zaw Oo about some of the game’s ideas and its creation.
Marvelous held its inaugural Marvelous Game Showcase presentation. It features the reveal of multiple new titles, including a new IP, multiple Story of Seasons and Rune Factory games, and a sequel to Daemon X Machina.
Capcom released its first media and details for Dragon’s Dogma 2. The action RPG will once again see players aiming to get their heart back, accompanied on their journey by trusty Pawns.
NIS America announced western release dates for the latest Disgaea tactical RPG. RPGamers will look to restore Bushido to the Hinomoto Netherworld Cluster this October.
NIS America announced a September western console release date for Monochrome Mobius: Rights and Wrongs Forgotten. RPGamers will have more places to witness the prequel to Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception.
The reboot for 2014’s Lords of the Fallen has an October release date. The announcement comes with the reveals of its various editions and another title alteration.
Odencat unveiled its latest project, Dream Channel Zero. The surreal and quirky adventure sees Akira attempting to escape a mysterious video game world.
Kepler Interactive and The Gentlebros announced a third Cat Quest title. Cat Quest: Pirates of the Purribean sees players sailing the seas while on the lookout for Pi-rats.
Nihon Falcom’s The Legend of Nayuta: Boundless Trails is coming west in September. NIS America also released a new story trailer for the Legend of Heroes action RPG spin-off.
Other New Game Announcements
- Phantom Blade Zero Announced
- Aerial Dogfighting RPG Sky Oceans: Wings For Hire Announced
- Wizard of Legend 2 Announced
- Tako no Himitsu: Ocean of Secrets Announced
- Haruka: Beyond the Stars Announced
- Amazon Games Working on The Lord of the Rings MMO
- Life Sim RPG Mirthwood Revealed
- Roguelike Deckbuilder Phantom Rose 2 Sapphire Revealed
- Dungeon Full Dive Announced for Steam
- Pathea Games, Nuverse Reveal Project ME
- Humble Games Publishing #BLUD
- Tactical Roguelite Dicefolk Announced
- Testament: The Order of High Human Announced
- Tactical Roguelite Days of Doom Announced
Other News Stories
- Front Mission 2: Remake Delayed
- Atelier Ryza Anime Airing in Japan This July
- Ys X: Nordics Releasing in Japan This September
- Harvest Moon: The Winds of Anthos Launching in September
- Soulvars Releasing on PC, Consoles in June
- WrestleQuest Pushed to Summer
- Blue Protocol Hitting PC in Japan in June, Western Release Pushed to 2024
- Jagged Alliance 3 Releasing in July
- Solasta’s Palace of Ice Opening Next Week
- Weird West Heading to Switch
- Tower of Fantasy PlayStation Release Announced
- Tamarak Trail Coming to Consoles
- Wild Hearts Introduces the Alpha Sapscourge
- Wizardry: The Five Ordeals Getting Another DLC Scenario
- Sword and Fairy Inn 2 Physical Switch Release Announced
- Mobile RPG Punishing: Gray Raven Available on PC
- Quantamancy: The Purgatory Cancelled
- Final Fantasy XVI Pre-Launch Trailer Seeks Salvation
- Granblue Fantasy: Relink Gets New Trailer
- Etrian Odyssey Origins Collection Trailer Shows Main Features
- Destiny 2’s The Final Shape Expansion Teased
- Broken Roads Highlights Its Pacifist Route
- Inkbound Available on Steam Early Access
- New Release Round-Up (May 25, 2023)
Dust off that disco suit, because we’re going back to 1989. RPG Backtrack returns to Kamurocho this week in Yakuza 0 with Josh, Sam, Ryan M., and Pascal.
This week in Q&A Quest, we discuss what our dream entries in the Final Fantasy series would look like. We also discuss The Legend of Zelda series.
- RPG Cast – Episode 677: “My Parents Thought Final Fantasy Tactics Was a Strategy Guide”
- RPG Cast – Episode 678: “Dagon Qest Incasition”
Chris learns that Star Wars has all the nudie mods and bans it from his mod manager. Kelley “accidentally” barbecues her horse and is an apologist for Big the Cat. Josh slaps “Trails” onto Horizon: Forbidden West to get Americans to play it, and Jason draws stick sticks with his feet.