RPGamer Round-Up: September 18 – September 25
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
The first title of the Crossbell duology is finally landing in the west. Anna Marie Privitere finds that is it absolutely worth exploring this unique province’s stories.
Jack Move is a cyberpunk RPG that is reminiscent of pixel JRPGs and the ’80s. Luis Mauricio reports that while its short adventure and soundscape are enjoyable, a clichéd story fails to stand out.
Sam Wachter had a chance to check out a demo for the upcoming tactical RPG Dream Tactics. Was it a fun experience? Or does she need a nap after battling many crusty pillows?
In WitchSpring R, players control a witch who likes to eat pies and has a pet boar. Sarah McGarr was able to try out the remake of the first WitchSpring game, which is planned to launch later this year.
The latest entry in Nippon Ichi’s strategy RPG series introduces some new gameplay features. Players will also be able to lead two all-new character classes into battle.
Valkyrie Elysium makes console debut this week, but a free update is already planned for November. Meanwhile, the remaster of the first game in the Valkyrie Profile series will now hit PS4 and PS5 in December.
The demo for Star Ocean: The Divine Force is now available on consoles. It lets players get a look at the first part of Raymond’s story.
HoYoverse showed an eighteen-minute video for action RPG Zenless Zone Zero. It features more than what most would consider just another day at the video store.
Square Enix provided some more details on Infinity Strash: Dragon Quest The Adventure of Dai. The game will come with two modes, one of which is a retelling of the Adventure of Dai anime and manga series.
Puzzle RPG Thistlemine is coming to Steam this winter. The game sees players investigating a poisoned wasteland in a world devastated by miasma.
Other Selected Stories
- Solasta: Crown of the Magister’s Inner Strength DLC to Add New Classes
- The Valiant Launching Next Month
- Citizen Sleeper’s Episode: REFUGE Launching Next Month
- Gamedec Receives Definitive Edition Update
- Vagrus: The Riven Realms Gets More Free DLC
- Steelrising Update to Add New Game Plus
- Action RPG Arto Releasing in December
- Divinia Chronicles: Relics of Gan-Ti Released
- The Tower -To the Bottom- Descends on PC in 2022
- Megaton Musashi Goes Free-to-Play in Japan
- Atelier Ryza 3 Trailer Introduces Bos
- Honkai: Star Rail Bears Witness to New Trailer
- Keylocker Gets the Band Together in New Trailer
- WrestleQuest Gets Combat Trailer
- The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki Northern War Animation Trailer Released
- The DioField Chronicle Composers Discuss Its Soundtrack
- Dragon Quest Treasures Gets Gameplay Overview Trailer
- New Release Round-Up (September 22, 2022)
This week in Q&A Quest, we discuss the recent Nintendo Direct. We also discuss other recent gaming news.
Chris bangs his crotch on a keyboard. Kelley plays Alice Simulator on her not-laptop for portable gaming. And Robert makes the hard decision of filet mignon or 3 day old McDonalds.