RPGamer Round-Up: April 10 – April 17
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week, or in this case, two weeks. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
Elden Ring is FromSoftware trying something bigger than it ever has before. Zack Webster finds that, in this case, bigger does mean better.
The originality of 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim invades the Switch. Luis Mauricio reports back on how an extraordinary sci-fi story and its strategic battle system is now able to mesmerise more players.
Dark Deity is a delightful hidden gem with tons to offer strategy fans. Sam Wachter sees how the port to Nintendo Switch fares for the students of Brookstead Military Academy.
Coromon joins the roster of monster-taming RPGs with its charming retro art and puzzles. Luis Mauricio notes that the game proudly pays homage to its source of inspiration, but lacks innovative ideas to stand out.
The Elder Scrolls Online’s newest expansion takes players to High Isle this June. Thanks to the game’s approach to its story content, Alex Fuller was readily able to jump straight into a preview build without getting lost.
Paolo Andrea Di Pietro is the Italian and French singer for Draco of Final Fantasy VI Pixel Remaster. Elmon Dean Todd gets an exclusive interview about his role in the game, the details of the audition, and his work with other video games and anime.
Square Enix held its 20th anniversary event for the Kingdom Hearts series. The event featured a few announcements, including the reveal of Kingdom Hearts IV.
Beamdog announced a brand new title, 1980s cartoon-inspired MythForce, which is getting an Early Access release next week. The reveal was swiftly followed by news that Aspyr Media has acquired the studio.
PS2 title GrimGrimoire marked its fifteenth anniversary this week with the reveal of a remaster. GrimGrimoire OnceMore is coming to Japan this July.
505 Games announced a release date for Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes’s town-building companion title. Action RPG Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising will hit PC and consoles next month.
A trailer for Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes introduces its new protagonist. Shez is a mercenary who defies their fate to face off against the Ashen Demon.
Other Selected Stories
- Unsouled Launching This Month
- Expeditions: Rome Gets Death or Glory
- Made in Abyss: Binary Star Falling into Darkness Story Modes Detailed
- The Witcher 3 Next-Gen Versions Pushed Back
- Dream Tactics Announced
- Metal Max Xeno: Reborn Launching in June
- Demon Gaze Extra Coming to PC This Month
- Super Robot Wars 30 Expansion Pack, Update Details Released
- Dragon Quest X Offline Details Synthesis
- Light Fairytale Episode 1 Heading to Switch
- Ragnarok: The Lost Memories Getting Steam Release
- The Elder Scrolls Online Shows Off High Isle
- Live A Live Trailers Show Prehistory, Imperial China
- Loot River Highlights Its Spoils
- New Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak Videos Released
- Stray Blade Gets Trailer, Private Beta
- New Release Round-Up (April 14, 2022)
The Outer Worlds is Obsidian’s interstellar interpretation of a post-apocalyptic experience. Sam, Josh, and David hop on the podcast to talk about their adventures in this wacky space western.
This week on RPG Cast, Kelley falls asleep for four years and misses the announcement of Kingdom Hearts IV. Chris is a five year old with beefy fists. Sam tells us how her video game marriage life works. And we all agree that Bidoof is our buddy.