Super Robot Wars 30 Expansion Pack, Update Details Released
Bandai Namco has released a new Expansion Pack for Super Robot Wars 30. The Expansion Pack is available worldwide on PC through Steam for $24.99, as well as for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch in Japan and Southeast Asia. The content is being released in two parts, with the second part containing the bulk of the content launching as an update on April 20, 2022.
The first part of the Expansion Pack adds the Expansion Pack Purchase mission, which gives players the opportunity to obtain the Spirit of Steel, Prana Converter, and Aos Arc power parts, plus the Attacker and ExC Bonus skill programs. The second part includes a new Super Expert Mode Plus difficulty mode, the new Brother and Sister mission that focuses on dual protagonists Edge and Az, forty-five other missions, and ten new playable units:
- Scopedog TC LRS (Armored Trooper VOTOMS)
- Scopedog (Armored Trooper VOTOMS)
- Ultimate Dancouga (Dancouga: Super Beast Machine God)
- Red 5+ (Majestic Prince: Genetic Awakening)
- Getter 1 (Evolved Form of the Adapted One) (Getter Robo Devolution: The Last 3 Minutes of the Universe)
- Getter 2 (Getter Robo Devolution: The Last 3 Minutes of the Universe)
- Getter 3 (Getter Robo Devolution: The Last 3 Minutes of the Universe)
- Shinkalion E5 Hayabusa MkII (SHINKALION the Movie)
- Shinkalion E5 Hayabusa MkII OX ALFA-X (SHINKALION the Movie)
- Dygenguar (Super Robot Wars OG series)
In addition, a free update will release on April 20, 2022, that also adds Super Robot Wars original units Gangrust and Van Ein, along with an extra story chapter containing six new missions. It will also freely unlock the game’s restricted missions.
Super Robot Wars 30 is the thirtieth anniversary title for the series, which features cross-overs between numerous mech-based franchises and turn-based strategic combat. The game sees players travelling around Earth and space on the airship Dreistreger, where they undertake missions and recruit new characters. Players use the Tactical Area Selection to determine where they wish to travel next, as well as to upgrade their current mechs and improve pilot abilities.