RPGamer Round-Up: February 16 – February 23
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we take a look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to help give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our less regular visitors might have missed.
Azur Lane: Crosswave sees personified versions of warships battle it out on the open seas. Alex Fuller notes that the Compile Heart and Felistella title provides some lighthearted enjoyment, but doesn’t make any particularly noteworthy waves.
The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics has landed on many platforms, giving RPGamers a chance to get directly involved in the struggle against the Skeksis. Anna Marie Privitere finds out if it was worth taking up the cause of the Gelflings against their shadowy foes.
The folk tale of Robin Hood hadn’t received any notable recent game adaptations until the release of this text-based interactive fiction RPG. Ryan McCarthy heads into the Deepwood to see if there is magic to be found.
Zack Webster takes a look at the surprisingly graphic World of Horror, which acts as a mix of Junji Ito, H.P. Lovecraft, and an RPG from the 1980s. The game is now available to check out on Steam Early Access.
Coffee Talk takes up the mantle of visual novel slash beverage service. Anna Marie finds out if it was worth staying for a cup in a new Adventure Corner.
THQ Nordic has looked over the feedback given for the playable teaser of a potential Gothic remake. The response was positive enough for full production to begin, though it will take a little while for the remake to arrive.
The PC versions of Ys: Memories of Celceta and Ys: The Oath in Felghana have new audio options. Japanese voice acting can now be chosen for the former, while the latter gets the English voice acting previously found only on the PSP version.
Death end re;Quest 2 launched in Japan last week. Idea Factory International confirmed that it will also be launching in North America and Europe, though there is currently only a general 2020 release window.
After launching in Japan last year, War of the Visions: Final Fantasy Brave Exvius is heading west. The free-to-play mobile tactical RPG will launch in spring, with a new trailer and screenshots showing what it’s all about.
Focus Home Interactive and Lightbulb Crew have announced tactical RPG Othercide. The game, and its striking white, black, and red motif, will launch on PC and consoles this summer.
Team Ninja’s Nioh 2 has gone gold ahead of its launch next month. Those looking to try it out early will get one last chance to do so this upcoming weekend.
RPGamers can now catch up on the rest of the Kingdom Hearts series on Xbox One. The series’ three HD bundles are now available digitally on the console.
Additional Selected Stories
- The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos Releasing for PC This Summer
- World of Horror Now in Early Access
- Morgana Gives Crash Course on Persona 5 Royal
- Experiment 101 Confirms Biomutant Still in Development
- First Outward DLC Announced
- Shenmue III to Receive Second DLC This Week
- Ara Fell Dropping in March
- Hellpoint Sequel Chapter Released for Free
- Little Town Hero Big Idea Edition Releasing in June
- Element: Space Hits Consoles in March
- Ganbare! Super Strikers to Release This Month
- Monster Hunter Riders Out Now in Japan
- Empire of Sin Delayed to Fall 2020
- Bombing Quest Heading to Steam Early Access
- Conglomerate 451 Fully Released on PC
- Rune Factory 4 Special’s Bachelors and Bachelorettes Showcased
- Crowdfunding Check-In: Bot Net: Ramshackle Robotics, Geneforge 1 – Mutagen
- Digital Store Weekly Round-Up (February 20, 2020)
This week in Q&A Quest the hosts discuss the best world building in RPGs. There is also discussion on some digital card games, such as Slay the Spire.
Josh, Jonathan, and Kelley join Chris and Anna Marie for another edition of the RPG Cast. The format of discussing what they’ve been playing and the latest news is the same as usual, but the topics go to odd places.