RPGamer Round-Up: March 13 – March 20
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week, or in this case, two weeks. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
Tremortusks, Tiderippers, and Dreadwings, oh my! Aloy is back and she’s traveling to the Forbidden West. Sam Wachter reports back on her adventures saving the world and punching new mechasaurs.
Young Souls escapes the grasp of Stadia exclusivity to launch on multiple other platforms. Anna Marie Privitere sees if this homage to the River City franchise is able to break the mould of its progenitor.
NIS America’s The Cruel King and the Great Hero follows the young Yuu as she aims to become a hero under her dragon foster father’s tutelage. While the game provides little challenge, Jon Jansen finds it has a heartwarming, storybook tale that makes it worth playing.
Ghostwire: Tokyo takes players to a metropolis where the people have suddenly disappeared, replaced by fog and the Visitors. Alex Fuller was able to get some hands-on time with the first couple of chapters ahead of its imminent launch.
Itch.io sponsored a bundle to support children and doctors in Ukraine. The RPGamer staff shares their picks from the nearly thousand titles included in the bundle. And while the Itch.io bundle campaign has finished, a new charity bundle is currently available through the Humble Store.
The expansion for RPGamer’s 2021 Game of the Year Award winner has a release date. Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak will launch in June and pit players against the Three Lords.
Humble Games showcased its upcoming titles today, which included a trio of RPG announcements. RPGamers can learn more about musical RPGs Stray Gods and Infinite Guitars while preparing for The Iron Oath’s Steam Early Access launch next month.
Developer Hypergryph is expanding its popular mobile title Arknights with a new game, Arknights: Endfield. The 3D action RPG is early in development but will tell a separate story as players help colonise the planet Talos-II.
Ashen developer A44 Games newest project is Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn. The open-world action RPG sees players combining gunpowder and magic in their fight against an army of undead.
Mega Cat Studios and Skybound Games’ WrestleQuest sees pro wrestling and fantasy collide. Players will get to join up with a roster of licenced wrestlers from the ’80s through to today this summer.
Saddle up and get ready for another trip down to the horror-tinged Wild West. A second Hard West game is launching this year.
Other Selected Stories
- Relayer Season Pass Detailed
- Relayer Physical Release Set for May
- The Tarnishing of Juxtia Releasing This Summer
- Soul Hackers 2 Second Trailer Released
- Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising Gets Gameplay Footage
- Lost Eidolons Gets Q3 2022 Launch Window, New Closed Beta
- Outward: Definitive Edition Launching in May
- Knights in the Nightmare Remaster Hitting Japanese Switches in April
- Light Crusader Available on Nintendo Switch Online
- Disciples: Liberation Paths to Madness DLC Announced
- Disco Elysium Switch Physical Edition Now Available
- Holomento Heading to Early Access Next Month
- Dragon Quest X Offline Shows Advanced Classes
- Coromon Video Details Its Battle System
- Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin Gets Pre-Launch Images
- Digimon Survive Gets New Teaser Trailer
- Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters Details the Baleful Edict
- Lost Judgment Teases the Kaito Files Gameplay
- Echoes of Mana Gets New Trailer, Pre-Registration Opens
- New Release Round-Up (March 17, 2022)
Johnathan tries to sate your Saturn lust with a Satiator. Kelley was a naysayer, then she took a chaos to the knee. And Chris tries to calculate his age in internet memes.