RPGamer Round-Up: June 18 – June 25
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
Development studio The Bearded Ladies is no stranger when it comes to tactical RPGs. Pascal Tekaia finds its latest title Miasma Chronicles to be a deep and satisfying take on the genre that’s not afraid to bite back.
Square Enix stoked the flames of anticipation for Final Fantasy XVI ahead of its launch with a demo. While RPGamer spends some extra time to get properly acquainted with the full game ahead of our review, Paul Shkreli provided his thought on what the demo showcases.
The second Star Ocean game is getting a new remake. Star Ocean: The Second Story R will launch in November with 2.5D graphics.
Nintendo revealed a remake of the Super Nintendo’s very first Super Mario RPG. Mario, Peach, Bowser, Mallow, and Geno will team up once again in November.
As promised, a new Dragon Quest Monsters title has been revealed. Dragon Quest Monsters: The Dark Prince sees Psaro taking on a new role as a Monster Wrangler.
Koei Tecmo provided a release date, as well as more media and details, for Fate/Samurai Remnant. The action RPG’s take on the Holy Grail War is set in Edo period Japan.
Bandai Namco announced an international release date for Baten Kaitos I & II HD Remaster. The remasters of Monolith Soft and tri-Cresendo’s GameCube titles will arrive on Switch in September.
NIS America revealed that Crymachina will release in North America and Europe this October. The release date reveal comes with a new story trailer for the action RPG.
Atlus has finally confirmed that Metaphor: ReFantazio will also be coming to PlayStation consoles and Steam. The news comes with a new Japanese presentation and developer interviews about the game.
Other News, Updates, and Trailer
- Vampire Survivors Landing on Switch in August
- MythForce Releasing on PC, Consoles This Fall
- Marvelous, XSEED Games Announce Silent Hope
- Pokémon Scarlet and Violet DLC Gets New Trailer, Detective Pikachu Returns Announced
- Ys X: Nordics Introduces More Characters, Release Line System
- Online Fantasy Life-Sim Palia Coming to Nintendo Switch
- Gloomhaven Heading to Consoles in September
- Hammerwatch II Releasing on PC in August
- Tower of Fantasy Releasing on PlayStation Consoles in August
- Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn Pushed to 2024
- Mugen Souls Z Releasing on Switch
- Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope Second DLC Out Now
- Soulstice Receives New Content, PS4 Version
- Ryū ga Gotoku Studio Discusses Upcoming Like a Dragon Titles
- Persona 5 Tactica Gets New Overview Trailer
- Farsiders Demonstrates Slow Burn
- New Release Round-Up (June 22, 2023)
This week in Q&A Quest, we delve into a long comic book tangent discussing everything from Ultimate Spider-Man to The Flash. We also discuss more summer gaming news.
Chris discovers the truth about butt-type Pokémon. TAM chooses to outfit his battle-leotard with option three: pants. Kelley thinks all the games look amazing, she just doesn’t want to play them. And Josh claims that, “God gave me a H.O.T.A.S., and I’m going to use it!”