RPGamer Round-Up: July 10 – July 17
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin provides a darkly grim new vision of the original Final Fantasy. Paul Shkreli reports that powerful action gameplay and a purely chaotic storyline await.
Monolith Soft’s resurgence shouldn’t be a surprise. By keeping the narrative strengths of the Xenosaga series in its proverbial DNA, the Xenoblade Chronicles series has become Jervon Perkins’s favorite JRPG series.
Ryan Radcliff and his retro Backloggin’ report details the first half journey through the many SNES RPGs on his streams. The Random Retro RPG Wheel has a bevy of RPGs for the twitch viewers viewing pleasure.
The first week of #JRPGJuly is in the books. Let’s see how things are starting out for the RPGamer staff with their chosen games.
PAX West 2022 takes place this September in Seattle, Washington. RPGamer has been given the opportunity to give away five four-day badges to the event. Entries close at midnight Pacific on Tuesday, June 19, 2022.
- The DioField Chronicle Gets September Japanese Release Date
- The DioField Chronicle Worldwide Date Confirmed; Demo, Collector’s Edition Announced
Square Enix confirmed that The DioField Chronicle will release worldwide this September. The company also announced a demo and a Collector’s Edition.
CyberConnect2 confirmed that it is working on a sequel to Fuga: Melodies of Steel. In addition, a demo is now available for RPGamer’s best turn-based RPG of 2021.
Prime Matter announced it is partnering with Arrowiz for the release of Mato Anomalies next year. The futuristic RPG will launch on PC and consoles.
Microids is partnering with Olydri Games on Noob: The Factionless. The turn-based RPG is based on the French Noob multimedia franchise and is planned to launch on PC and consoles next year.
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous will be making its console debut at the end of September. Before that, the PC version will be receiving its third DLC.
Ahead of its release next week, Square Enix provided more details for Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin’s first DLC. Trials of the Dragon King will include new characters, jobs, mechanics, and challenges.
Other Selected Stories
- Yet Another Fantasy Title Announced
- Development Suite RPG Developer Bakin Announced
- Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance II Remaster Releasing Next Week
- Cloudpunk Getting PS5 Version in August
- Passing Moons Update Rises Over Unexplored 2
- Tribes of Midgard Update, Xbox and Switch Releases Set for August
- Citizen Sleeper FLUX DLC Launch Date Announced
- RPG Maker Unite Map-Making Improvements Detailed
- Star Ocean: The Divine Force Trailers Introduce Raymond, Laeticia
- SD Gundam Battle Alliance Opening Movie, Gameplay Footage Released
- Fallen Legion Collection Trailer Spotlights Fallen Legion Revenants
- Fairy Fencer F: Refrain Chord Opening Movie Released
- New Release Round-Up (July 14, 2022)
This week in Q&A Quest, your hosts are still flying high after the recent Persona-related news. We also discuss soul-crushing twists in RPGs we’re currently playing.
Kelley runs to Benny Hill theme music. Chris is imprisoned in the dimension of PS Plus madness. And Josh gets a new harness.