RPGamer Round-Up: March 27 – April 3
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week, or in this case, two weeks. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
No Place for Bravery is a game full of challenges, and is shaping up to be very challenging, yet rewarding. A new GDC demo let Ryan Costa check out some new enemies and traps.
With a new spin on its primary franchise, Chromatic Games returns with Dungeon Defenders: Going Rogue. Ryan Costa got an early look at a game that nods to its tower-defence past while thriving on fast-paced combat ahead of its Early Access launch.
With additional refinement and more humour, Anuchard brings a cozy atmosphere and kinetic gameplay. Ryan Costa was able to get a new hands-off look at the game ahead of its launch next month.
It’s a new year of backlog busting, and this gal has some big goals! January to March offered an interesting variety of completed titles, but were they good? Let’s find out.
One Piece celebrates its 25th anniversary this year. To help mark the occasion, Bandai Namco announced One Piece Odyssey, a turn-based RPG with an original story overseen by series creator Eiichiro Oda.
Heart Machine announced a follow-up to Hyper Light Drifter. Hyper Light Breaker adds an additional dimension and is planned to release next year.
NIS America unveiled the third volume of its Prinny Presents NIS Classics remaster bundles. This volume will bring La Pucelle: Ragnarok and Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure to PC and Switch.
The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will not be launching in 2022. Series producer Eiji Aonuma revealed the game is now set to launch next spring.
A new Final Fantasy XIV Letter from the Producer provides more details on the upcoming Patch 6.1 update. Players will be able to begin their Newfound Adventure in a couple of weeks.
Stitch Heads and Raw Fury have announced Superfuse, a sci-fi superhero-themed action RPG. The game is planned to release on Steam Early Access this year, ahead of a full launch next year.
Chromatic Games announced a new spin-off to the Dungeon Defenders series. Dungeon Defenders: Going Rogue is available now on Steam Early Access, with its full release also coming to consoles.
RPGamer’s ad hoc Kickstarter check-in feature returns with a look at Topping Palette’ Salty Hounds. The otome dating sim RPG tasks players with managing a private security agency and its handsome bodyguards.
Other Selected Stories
- Action RPG Anuchard Launching in April
- Coromon Switch Release Delayed
- The Outbound Ghost Coming Later This Year
- Soul Hackers 2 Provides Summoner’s Guide
- Fallen Legion Heading to New Platforms
- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana PS5 Version Announced
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Adds Child of Light’s Aurora
- Idea Factory International Bringing Dusk Diver 2 to Western Consoles
- Valthirian Arc: Hero School Story 2 Now Available on Steam Early Access, Console Release Announced
- void* tRrLM2(); //Void Terrarium 2 Details Terrarium Enhancements
- Shattered: Tale of the Forgotten King Console Release Delayed
- Light Fairytale Episode 1 Physical Edition Announced
- Kowloon High-School Chronicle Released on PS4
- Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate Gets Japanese Mobile Release
- SpellForce III Reforced Shows Console Controls
- Weird West Pre-Launch Video Explores Player Decisions
- Lost Judgment’s The Kaito Files Expansion Now Available
- New Release Round-Up (March 31, 2022)
The Nintendo DS was the home of several strange RPGs. During this week’s backtrack, we provide some mixed opinions about Sands of Destruction with guests Sam Wachter and Cassandra Ramos.
Josh’s cat admits that, while he likes Josh, he is disposable. Robert works on his perfecting his boatsona cosplay. Chris orders acrylic bookends for the collector’s editions he doesn’t need. And Kelley learns that Final Fantasy XIV housing is an NFT in disguise.
This week in Q&A Quest, we discuss Destiny 2 and Atelier Sophie 2. There is also talk about .hack//G.U. Last Recode as well as some more Triangle Strategy chat.