RPGamer Round-Up: December 19 – January 2
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week, or in this case, two weeks. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
RPGamer’s Where to Start? feature returns to provide a guide for those looking to get into certain RPG series. This time out we provide some insights on Nihon Falcom’s The Legend of Heroes, in particular the Trails/Kiseki titles.
Though there’s much more to come from Final Fantasy XIV, Endwalker brings down the curtain on an arc that began with A Realm Reborn. Warriors of Light can pick up their adventures in the comfort that Square Enix does not fall short.
Moon: Remix Adventure RPG is now available in English on multiple platforms. Luis Mauricio reports that the anti-RPG is not one for traditionalists, but features innovative gameplay with difficult puzzles to make it a pleasing twist.
ELEX II looks to continue the story of a post-apocalyptic world facing all-new dangers. Pascal Tekaia reports back on whether the sequel will be a good jumping-on point for new players.
- Backloggin’ the Year – Paws’ Pilgrimage, November & December 2021
- Backloggin’ the Year – Sam’s Sojourn, Year End Wrap-Up
Anna Marie and Sam provide their final reports on their 2021 Backloggin’ quests. Find out whether they managed to meet their goals.
Clouded Leopard Entertainment and Kadokawa Games announced a new release date for tactical sci-fi RPG Relayer. The game will now hit PS4 and PS5 in March, and it will be a simultaneous global launch.
RPGamers waiting for the Pixel Remaster of Final Fantasy VI will need to wait a little bit longer. It is now planned to launch on PC and mobile in February.
- Dragon Quest X Offline’s Eltona Continent Detailed
- Dragon Quest X Offline Japanese Release Delayed
- Dragon Quest X Offline Original Content, Spell of Restoration Detailed
Square Enix announced a delay for Dragon Quest X Offline, which will now launch in Japan in summer. The company also provided more details on its guest characters, an original story episode, and the Spell of Restoration feature compatible with the online game
Square Enix released new Japanese details and a character trailer for Triangle Strategy. This update focuses on the characters surrounding Frederica Aesfrost.
Awaken Realms is returning to the world of roguelite deckbuilder Tainted Grail: Conquest. Tainted Grail: The Fall of Avalon is an open-world RPG set to hit Early Access in late 2022.
Other Selected Stories
- Telepath Tactics Liberated Announced
- Disney Twisted-Wonderland North American Release Announced
- Weird West Sees New Delay
- Spire of Sorcery Adds Story Mode
- Super Robot Wars 30 Second DLC Releasing This Week
- Empire of Ember Fully Releasing Next Month
- Royal Anapoko Academy Released in Japan
- Horizon Forbidden West Shows New Machines
- Expeditions: Rome Delves into Combat
- Shikabanegurai no Boukenmeshi Gets Second Japanese Trailer
- Infinity Strash – Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai Gameplay Revealed
The latest Q&A episodes include chat about Persona 5 Strikers and Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth. There is also discussion on player character villains and some of the best RPGs of 2021.