RPGamer Round-Up: December 13 – December 20
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we take a look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our less regular visitors might have missed.
Please note that there will likely not be an edition next week due to the holidays.
Cyberpunk 2077 was easily one of this year’s most anticipated titles and has managed to just sneak into 2020. Alex Fuller discovers that considering all of the issues the game has, it might have been better if it didn’t.
Developer Rideon brings a fifth installment in the Mercenaries series to the Nintendo Switch. Paul Shkreli finds a poorly-executed story overshadows an otherwise solid strategy role-playing game.
The 1920s-set Empire of Sin combines diplomacy, strategy, and fluid combat. Ryan Costa examines whether it is the bee’s knees or comes up short.
Headliner: NoviNews is a title where players control the news and see how their choices impact society, their friends, and their career. Anna Marie Privitere offers her thoughts on the game in a new Adventure Corner.
Song of Horror is a spooky slow-burn thriller with a decidedly old-school feel to it. Pascal Tekaia reports on whether it is able to create a beautiful melody in spite of the terror.
Nihon Falcom is continuing to churn out The Legend of Heroes titles. The next game is titled Kuro no Kiseki and takes the series to the Republic of Calvard. The developer also revealed that PSP spin-off Nayuta no Kiseki is heading to PS4 in Japan.
Cyberpunk 2077 has not had a smooth launch on consoles. The game has now been delisted from the PlayStation Store, with Sony offering refunds, though it is still playable for those who have bought it.
- Bravely Default II Gets New Info on Jobs, Characters, Kingdoms
- Bravely Default II Final Demo Released
A host of new information, screenshots, and artwork for Bravely Default II were made available. In addition, a new final demo is now available to download.
Over six years after its successful Kickstarter campaign, we may finally be seeing a release for Unsung Story. It’s only an Early Access release at this stage, with the full version still a while away.
Loop Hero is a new card-based RPG where players build their journey along the way. The game is coming to PC early next year.
Other Selected Stories
- Kickstarter Check-In: The Emperor’s Own
- Sands of Aura Announced, Heading to Steam Early Access in 2021
- Eternal Radiance Fully Launches This Week
- Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town Gets New Characters, Details, Screenshots
- Xuan-Yuan Sword VII Receives Update, PS4 Version Launching in February
- Star Renegades Update Released on PC
- Neptunia Virtual Stars PC Version Announced
- Granblue Fantasy: Relink Planned for 2022, Gameplay Footage Shown
- Ender Lilies: Quietus of the Knights Coming to Steam Early Access in January
- More Scarlet Nexus OSF Members Introduced
- The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics Physical Editions Announced
- Harvest Moon: One World Diorama Edition Announced
- Cris Tales Gets New Gameplay Footage
- Werewolf: The Apocalypse – Earthblood Gameplay Shown
- The Elder Scrolls Online Teases Gates of Oblivion
- Crimson Desert Gets New Trailer
- Ruined King: A League of Legends Story Gameplay Trailer Bubbles to the Surface
- Outriders Details Its Mantras of Survival
- Monster Hunter Rise Rustles Up Some Weapon Trailers
- Monster Hunter Rise Offers More Weapon Trailers
- Collection of SaGa Final Fantasy Legend Out Now
- Digital Store Weekly Round-Up (December 17, 2020)
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was one of the first major RPGs for the Nintendo Switch (if you don’t count Breath of the Wild), but did it live up to the legacy of the other Xeno titles? Join regulars Kelley Ryan, Matt Masem, and Mike Moehnke along with guests Alex Fuller and Michael Apps as they dive into the Cloud Sea.
This week in Q&A Quest, we talk about issues with the world tendency system in Demon’s Souls. We also answer all of your hard-hitting questions.