RPGamer Round-Up: January 19 – January 26
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where this time we take a look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to help give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our less regular visitors might have missed.
Editorial Content and Features
Are you ready to go on an adventure and make a secret hideout? Join Sam Wachter on her quest to figure out if Atelier Ryza is a worthy Atelier game, or if the secret hideout needs to be blown up.
What is the proper response to organized crime? Mike Moehnke finds that Orangeblood strongly suggests that directly fighting the mob members is best, so is probably not the best source for legal advice.
Resident Monster Hunter expert Phil Willis tries a new adventure with Dauntless. Can Phoenix Labs’ free-to-play adventure compete with the reigning king of the hunter RPGs?
In the waning days of 2019, Netflix released the first season of The Witcher for audiences to stream to their heart’s content. A selection of watchers among the RPGamer staff provided their takes on how well the show adapted the world and characters from the books and games.
Mark McLaughlin once believed Dragon Warrior IV to be his favorite game in the series. Things change, however, and so do people.
Following the announcement of Cindered Shadows, Nintendo revealed more details about the upcoming Fire Emblem: Three Houses expansion. The expansion will be separate to the main campaign and feature only a limited portion of the regular cast.
Rune Factory 4 Special will be heading west next month. XSEED Games and Marvelous Europe also revealed that early adopters will be able to pick up the game’s “Another Episode” DLC for free.
Team Ninja provided a trailer and some details focusing on upcoming action RPG Nioh 2’s story. The developer also revealed some of its post-launch DLC plans.
Idea Factory has confirmed the release dates for naval 3D shooter RPG Azur Lane: Crosswave. It also showed off some more characters, with Neptunia joining the roster as bonus DLC.
The remaster of the original Wasteland has been dated. Krome Studios’ updated version of Interplay’s classic will hit next month.
Additional Selected Stories
- Capcom Details Future Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Update Plans
- Kingdom Hearts III Re Mind Gets Some New Screenshots
- Kingdom Hearts III Re Mind Out Now on PS4, Mobile Title Project Xehanort Announced
- Arc of Alchemist European Switch Release Pushed to February
- Little Town Hero Heading to PS4 in Japan
- Hades Gets Long Winter Update
- Fates of Ort Plans for a March Release
- Utawarerumono PC Prices Revealed
- Death end re;Quest 2 Exhibits First Thirty Minutes of Gameplay
- Trials of Mana Shows Off Hawkeye and Riesz in Spotlight Trailer
- Snack World Trailer Invites Viewers to Get Looting
- Aluna: Sentinel of the Shards Discovers New Trailer
- Koei Tecmo Gives a Tour of Fairy Tail’s Magnolia
- Megaton Musashi Gets Slightly Extended Trailer
- Digital Store Weekly Round-Up (January 23, 2020)
This week in Q&A Quest the hosts talk about dying in RPGs. There is also conjecture on future backwards compatibility in consoles.
There is very much an explicit language warning as the RPG Cast gets together for its annual Game of the Year podcast. Chris and Anna Marie are joined by Zack, Pascal, Josh, Sam, and Alex to discuss an eclectic mix of award categories.