RPGamer Round-Up: August 4 – August 11
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we take a quick look back at some of the articles we’ve posted throughout the week. This article is designed to help give reminders of some interesting editorial content and stories that our less regular visitors might have missed.
Editorial Content and Features
Music often plays a massive part in the RPG experience, helping to add to the emotion or action of games. In this first edition of a planned recurring feature, Erik, Lucas, Cassandra, Shannon, and Joe each pick one of the soundtracks that has made a lasting impression on them.
Fire Emblem sees the series make its highly anticipated return to consoles. Anna Marie Privitere deems Fire Emblem: Three Houses a massive success and potentially the series’ greatest entry so far.
With the Advance Wars series being on hiatus for some time, Wargroove offers fans a similar experience with medieval fantasy trappings. Mike Moehnke returned from the battlefield with a review included in his spoils of war.
Dragon Quest V’s movie adaptation hit theatres in Japan earlier this month. RPGamer’s man in Japan Michael Baker paid a visit to one of those theatres and reported back on its take on the source material.
Another update provides plenty of details and media for the newest generation of Pokémon games. The Pokémon Company reveals some new forms of existing Pokémon and a couple of brand new ones, with two new rivals also showing themselves.
GungHo Online Entertainment has announced a Switch release date for the Grandia HD Collection, and it’s not far away at all. Owners of Nintendo’s hybrid console will get to play Grandia I and II this coming Friday.
505 Games and Lab Zero Games have announced that platforming action RPG Indivisible will be releasing this October. The companies also revealed the full voice cast for the game.
Release dates have been announced for hack-and-slash roguelike Children of Morta. PC RPGamers will be assisting the Bergsons next month, with console owners joining in October.
A new PlayStation Underground video offers up half an hour of gameplay footage from The Outer Worlds. The hosts go through one of the early quests in the town of Edgewater, with senior designer Brian Heins and producer Matthew Singh on hand to answer some questions.
Cygames is currently developing a full RPG in Granblue Fantasy: Relink, but it is not clear how long it will be until the game is released. To help with the wait, fighting game Granblue Fantasy: Versus will be including an action RPG mode.
Additional Selected Stories
- Mary Skelter 2 Coming to Switch in October
- Star Ocean: Anamnesis Shutting Down in November
- Decay of Logos Launching This Month
- Cyberpunk RPG Gamedec Announced
- Event Horizon Announces Dark Envoy
- Tactical RPG The Last Spell Announced
- Darksiders II Rides Onto Switch
- Spiderweb Software’s Queen’s Wish: The Conqueror Releasing in September
- Bard’s Tale Trilogy, Wasteland Remasters Coming to Xbox One
- GreedFall’s Gameplay Features Shown in Trailer
- Super Robot Wars V Gets Switch, PC Trailer
- New Borderlands 3 Trailer Shows Moze Knows Best
- Amara Looks for a Fight in Borderlands 3
- FL4K Joins the Hunt in Borderlands 3 Trailer
- River City Girls Introduces Misako
- Oninaki Shows Some Daemonic Gameplay
- Enter the Gungeon Switch Retail Release Now Available
- SteamWorld Quest Gets New Game Plus, Extra Difficulty Mode
- Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission Gets Another Free Update
- Atelier Ryza’s Gathering Synthesis Detailed
- Nihon Falcom Details Grimwald’s Night in Ys IX
- Utawarerumono Zan Shows More of Those Who Rise
- Dragon Quest XI S Prepares for Switch Release with New Trailer
- Project Sakura Wars Shows Its New Combat System
- 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim Gets More Screenshots
- War of the Visions: Final Fantasy Brave Exvius Gets Trailer
- Kickstarter Check-In: Alder’s Blood
- Digital Store Weekly Round-Up (August 8, 2019)
Kelley, Josh, and Peter join Chris and Anna Marie for the latest episode of the RPGCast to discuss what they’ve been playing and the latest RPG news. Hopefully listeners are up for more Fire Emblem: Three Houses talk.
This week’s Q&A Quest is heavily devoted to all things Kirby. The hosts discuss their favourite titles in the series, and ponder what a Kirby RPG would look like.