RPGamer Round-Up: Dec. 2 – Dec. 9
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s newest column, where we take a quick look back at some of the articles we’ve posted throughout the week. This article is designed to help give reminders for some interesting editorial content and stories that our less regular visitors might have missed. During this initial trial period we would very much appreciate any feedback or comments on its usefulness. With that said, let’s get to the articles!
Matt Masem and Zack Webster combine to give reviews of the latest Persona spin-offs. Dancing in Starlight and Dancing in Moonlight give the casts of Persona 3 and 5 the chance to groove to their favourite tracks.
Jeffrey Wardon makes his reviewing debut for RPGamer with a look at Pokémon: Lets Go, Pikachu!. The game combines a remake of Pokémon Yellow with the capture encounters of Pokémon GO.
Joshua Carpernter has spent some of this year playing a few of the PSP titles in his backlog. In his latest column he examines the time he spent with a couple of import titles from Nihon Falcom.
- Ashen Released on PC, Xbox One
- Dauntless Console, Mobile Releases Announced
- BioWare Teases New Dragon Age Title
- Obsidian Entertainment and Private Division Announce The Outer Worlds
- Supergiant Games Announces Hades, Early Access Version Available
- Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 3 Announced
- Anthem Receives New Trailer
In addition to awards, The Game Awards had plenty of reveals. Various new games were announced or teased, with other games receiving release news or trailers.
- YIIK: A Postmodern RPG Releasing in January
- Judgment Officially Titled, English Voice Acting Revealed
- Zen Studios Announces Operencia: The Stolen Sun
- Long Gone Days Set for April Release
- Kinda Funny Games Showcases Plenty of Indie RPGs
Also on hand to offer plenty of news was the Kinda Funny Games Showcase. The showcase focused on some of the smaller profile games, though there were still a few big hitters involved.
NIS America has revealed a release date for FuRyu’s The Caligula Effect: Overdose. It remains to be seen how much of an improvement the remake provides.
Midgar Studio’s Edge of Eternity is well on the way to release. The game reached its latest milestone this week by arriving on Steam Early Access.
Additional Selected Stories
- Square Enix Announces War of the Visions: Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
- Hajime Tabata Announces New Studio JP Games
- Atelier Arland DX Trilogy Now Available
- She Dreams Elsewhere Awakens with a Demo
- Falcom Teases New Title with Website Launch
- Idea Factory International Shows Some Death end re;Quest Battle Tactics
- Yo-kai Watch 3 Launches in Europe
- Digital Store Weekly Round-Up (December 6, 2018)
Q&A Quest returns, answering various reader questions. Discussions this week include Sony’s decision not to attend E3 in 2019 and the Pokémon trading card game.
The RPGCast returns, though without Anna Marie and Kelley. Chris, Pascal, and Josh chat about what they’ve been playing and the week’s RPG news.