RPGamer Round-Up: August 20 – August 27
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
Finally, over twenty years after their original Japanese releases, the second and third Marl Kingdom games have been released in English. Sam Wachter looks Rhapsody II: Ballad of the Little Princess, and finds it to be a fairly enchanting experience.
Atlus announced a February launch date for Persona 3 Reload. The company also released a new trailer and screenshots, as well as revealing a new battle music track.
Cygames has finally given a firm release date for Granblue Fantasy: Relink. The game will launch in February, with a variety of editions available.
Project Mugen is a new open-world action RPG from Netease Games with a supernatural urban setting. It is being developed as free-to-play title for PC, mobile, and PlayStation consoles.
Bungie held its 2023 showcase event for Destiny 2. The event features the reveal of The Final Shape, its latest expansion that brings about the conclusion of the Light and Darkness Saga.
Nihon Falcom provided further details on Ys X: Nordics. The latest update covers protagonists Adol and Karja’s combat skills, as well as a couple of other gameplay elements.
Battle Brothers developer Overhype Studios revealed its latest project. Menace is a sci-fi tactical RPG launching as an Early Access title on PC next year.
Fera: The Sundered Tribes is the latest title from Star Renegades developer Massive Damage. The game is a monster-hunting action RPG set to launch next year.
Hooded Horse and Ulisses Spiele Digital unveiled a new tactics game set in an alternate 18th century. Players must step into the roles of the Hunters in the hope to quell the oncoming onslaught of monsters.
- Eternights Brought Forward Slightly
- Honkai Star Rail Version 1.3 Launching End of the Month
- Sea of Stars Getting Physical Release in Early 2024
- My Time at Sandrock Pushed to November
- Dark Envoy Set to Arrive in October
- Mary Skelter Finale Hitting Steam in September
- Achilles: Legends Untold Gets Story Revamp
- Phantom Rose 2 Sapphire Releasing in October
- LunarLux Releasing in September
- Compass of the Destiny: Istanbul Releasing in September
- Bloomtown: A Different Story Set for Q2 2024 Release
- Zoria: Age of Shattering Demo Releasing This Week, Full Game in Q4
- Hyper Light Breaker Early Access Pushed Back
- Inkbound Update Visits the Starship of Terrors
- Fae Farm Post-Launch DLC Plans Teased
- Lies of P Gets New Trailer Ahead of Gamescom
- Crimson Desert Gets Gameplay Trailer
- Persona 5 Tactica Gets Gameplay Trailer
- Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty Trailer Shows Its Gameplay Upgrades
- Lords of the Fallen Reboot Receives New Story Trailer
- New Citizen Sleeper 2: Starward Vector Footage Released, Xbox Series X|S Version Confirmed
- Zenless Zone Zero Gets New Trailer, Honkai: Star Rail PS5 Test Registrations Open
- Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Trailer Reveals Its Companions
- Monochrome Mobius Trailer Introduces Its Cast
- New The First Descendant Trailer Released
- Terra Memoria Gets New Gamplay Trailer
- Sovereign Syndicate Trailer Released
- Mandragora Gets Short Teaser Trailer
- New Release Round-Up (August 20, 2023)
This week in Q&A Quest, one of your hosts is extremely distracted by Baldur’s Gate III. We also answer a wide range of questions.
Kelley dishonors herself in Baldur’s Gate III and retreats to Vampire Survivors as Chris goes on the hunt for Dr. Robotminsc. Meanwhile, Robert hits level 50 before the third scripted battle.