RPGamer Round-Up: August 2 – August 9
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we take a look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to help give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our less regular visitors might have missed.
Fairy Tail has hit the gaming scene with an RPG spanning many arcs from the popular graphic novel and anime. Ryan Radcliff finds out whether the guild proves its merits or becomes another forgotten tale among the rubble.
NIS America is bringing another Experience-developed dungeon-crawler westward. Saviors of Sapphire Wings is coming to PC and Switch next year and will be bundled with a copy of Stranger of Sword City Revisited.
Square Enix has revealed that Final Fantasy XI is getting some new story content. The content will be spread out across a number of updates, with the opening part arriving this month.
A new Dokapon game is coming to Japan in December. Dokapon UP! Mugen no Roulette is a crossover between the RPG-board game hybrid and Aquaplus’ Utawarerumono series.
Tactical RPG Wintermoor Tactics Club is making its way to consoles in September. The game sees Alicia fighting to save her tabletop RPG club in a mandatory snowball fight tournament.
In Littlewood, the world has been saved and the hero is tasked with fixing up his hometown. This peaceful RPG is now available on PC via Steam.
Souls-like action RPG Mortal Shell has a release date. The game will launch digitally on PC, PS4, and Xbox One in a couple of weeks.
Additional Selected Stories
- Genshin Impact Gets Fall PS4 Release Window
- The Elder Scrolls Online Coming to PS5, Xbox Series X
- Temtem Console Platforms Confirmed
- UnderMine Fully Released
- RTS-RPG Hybrid Lands of Raynar Announced
- The Magister Announced, Limited-Time Beta Starting Next Week
- Necromunda: Underhive Wars Launching in September
- Harvest Moon: One World Limited Edition Revealed
- Grandia HD Collection Physical Edition Orders Opening Tomorrow
- Seek Hearts Getting Limited Run Games Release
- Monster Crown Now on Steam Early Access
- Dragon Quest Monsters 2 Released for Mobile in Japan
- Unexplored 2 Launching Simultaneously on Xbox Consoles
- Arisen: Chronicles of Var’Nagal Prologue Released on Steam
- Criminal Girls X Heading to Smartphones and PC in Japan Later This Year
- Yo-kai Watch Academy Y Demo Out in Japan
- Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD Remaster Gets Japanese Screenshots
- Meet the Demons of Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster
- Godfall Receives Gameplay Overview Video
- 13 Sentinels Introduces Doomsday Event
- Xuan-Yuan Sword VII Trailer Delves Into Gameplay
- Digital Store Weekly Round-Up (August 6, 2020)
It’s been ten years since Mr. Apps took over RPGamer’s old Q&A text column, later converting it into the current podcast form. The hosts look back at some of those questions from back then, plus some more recent queries.