RPGamer Round-Up: September 4 – September 11
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
Starting off as a Shin Megami Tensei spin-off, Atlus’s Persona series has become the developer’s most popular. RPGamer’s latest Where to Start? feature returns to give a thorough introduction to the series.
Metal Max Xeno: Reborn claims to provide an open-world sandbox of vehicular mayhem. Unfortunately, Paul Shkreli finds technical problems and confounding gameplay changes undermine the campy charm of this post-apocalyptic series.
- GrimGrimoire OnceMore Heading West in 2023
- Monster Menu: The Scavenger’s Cookbook Being Served Up Next Year
- void* tRrLM2(); //Void Terrarium 2 Western Release Announced
NIS America held a new showcase presentation, during which it announced a trio of localisations. GrimGrimoire OnceMore, Monster Menu: The Scavenger’s Cookbook, and void* tRrLM2(); //Void Terrarium 2 will all release in North America and Europe next year.
A new Night City Wire presentation revealed the upcoming expansion for Cyberpunk 2077, Phantom Liberty. In addition, the game’s newest Patch 1.6 update is now available on all platforms.
Shoji Meguro is bringing his first post-Atlus project to Kickstarter. The campaign for stealth RPG Guns Undarkness will begin on Monday.
Limited Run Games unveiled its physical editions for WayForward Technologies’s River City Girls 2. Three editions are available to pre-order now.
The second DLC to Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin has been unveiled. October’s Wanderer of the Rift will see the arrival of Gilgamesh.
Square Enix put out new details and screenshots for Dragon Quest Treasures. The update goes into the monster allies that Erik and Mia can recruit to help with their treasure hunting.
The Pokémon Company provided more information on Pokémon Scarlet and Violet. The update includes reveals of the troublesome Team Star and a trio of new Pokémon.
Adventure RPG Asterigos: Curse of the Stars is set to release next month. PC RPGamers can check out a demo now, which will also be available on consoles at a later date.
Other Selected Stories
- Manafinder Launching Next Month
- Potionomics Launching in October
- Monochrome Mobius: Rights and Wrongs Forgotten Delayed to November
- The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos Final DLC Date Announced
- Curious Expedition 2’s Latest DLC Recruits SteamWorld Heist
- RPG Developer Bakin Hitting Early Access in October
- Holomento Finds Lost City Update
- Atomic Heart Gets Publisher, Pushed to 2023
- Atelier Gets 25th Anniversary Trailer
- Ars Notoria Gets Announcement Trailer
- Trailer Released for BattleJuice Alchemist
- Latest Star Ocean: The Divine Force Trailers Introduce Midas, Nina
- New Release Round-Up (September 8, 2022)
It’s time to take to the skies in our airship so we can talk about a beloved Dreamcast and GameCube classic. Robert, David, and Cassandra all join the crew this week for a celebration of Skies of Arcadia.
This week in Q&A Quest, we answer all your burning questions. We also discuss more Xenoblade Chronicles 3.
Kelley carries her Vita with her, but then realizes she can’t play the games in public. Josh practices his dramatic Yakuza shirt ripping skills. And Chris uses an AI to generate a new Soul Hackers map.