RPGamer Round-Up: September 22 – September 29
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we take a quick look back at some of the articles we’ve posted throughout the week. This article is designed to help give reminders of some interesting editorial content and stories that our less regular visitors might have missed.
Editorial Content and Features
Game Boy title The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening comes to Nintendo Switch with a brand new remake. Anna Marie Privitere is one of those who used the opportunity to play the game for the first time.
Kyoko and Misako’s boyfriends have been kidnapped and the duo set out into River City to get them back. They aren’t alone, however, as Sam Wachter joins them and reports back on the numerous scrapes they get into in the process.
Cat Quest II: The Lupus Empire is now available on Apple Arcade and PC. Anna Marie Privitere sees if the second adventure into the world of fearless felines and crafty canines is worth carving out time for.
With the recent launch of Apple Arcade, a slew of RPGs and adventure titles have arrived. Anna Marie Privitere tries out one of them, Tangle Tower, and sees if it manages to stand out.
Zach Welhouse was able to check out Trials of Fire at this year’s PAX West. Whatboy Games’ tactical deck-builder features rattling alchemists, shouty warlords, and pointy witches — to say nothing of the villains.
Square Enix calls back to the original Final Fantasy VII with the remake’s newly-revealed box art. It also provided some new screenshots as well as some gameplay footage showing the Abzu boss fight.
Atelier’s Dusk trilogy is confirmed to be heading to new platforms in North America and Europe in January. Meanwhile, a Digital Deluxe Edition has been announced for the series’ newest title, Atelier Ryza.
After eight years in development, voxel-based open-world RPG Cube World is finally approaching a full release. The game will be coming to Steam next week, with those who purchased the alpha version getting a free code.
Sword of the Necromancer is a roguelite RPG heading to the Switch and PC. The Switch version will also implement a code scanning feature for bonus items.
Death Trash is a game from Crafting Legends set in a post-apocalyptic world home to cosmic horrors. The game is coming to Steam Early Access early next year ahead of a full planned release on PC and consoles.
Additional Selected Stories
- Indivisible Cast of Characters Unites for Animated Opening Video
- Indivisible Gets Combat Trailer
- Grandia HD Gets PC Release Date, Grandia II Gets Renamed
- Conglomerate 451 Gets New Features; Full Release This Year
- Citadel: Forged with Fire Prepares to Cast Its Spell
- Tenderfoot Tactics Gets Demo Version
- Mistover Gets Second Demo
- Ring Fit Adventure Receives Overview Trailer
- Vegeta Flies, Fishes, and Fights in Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot Gameplay
- Code Vein Launches with New Videos
- Dragon Quests Now Available on Switch
- Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones Now Available on Steam
- The Executioner Out on Steam
- Digital Store Weekly Round-Up (September 26, 2019)
This week’s Q&A Quest had a bit of technical difficulties for one of the hosts. It also includes discussion on the Game Boy Advance’s library of RPGs.