RPGamer Round-Up: September 17 – September 24
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
The latest action RPG from Koei Tecmo’s Omega Force studio offers a new tale in the Fate franchise. Ahead of Fate/Samurai Remnant’s release later this month, RPGamer was able to put some questions to game director Ryota Matsushita about some of the ideas and challenges for the game.
PAX West Impressions
- Beastieball PAX West Impression
- Capes PAX West Impression
- Button City Soccer Days PAX West Impression
- Enotria: The Last Song PAX West Impression
- Clam Man 2: Headliner PAX West Impression
- Dragon is Dead PAX West Impression
- Ebenezer and the Invisible World PAX West Impression
- Magin: The Rat Project Stories PAX West Impression
- New Cycle PAX West Impression
- The Touhou Empires PAX West Impression
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails through Daybreak Coming West
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III, IV PS5 Versions Announced
NIS America revealed that it is releasing Nihon Falcom’s Kuro no Kiseki in North America and Europe. The game will release on PC and consoles as The Legend of Heroes: Trails through Daybreak in summer 2024. The publisher also revealed third and fourth games in the Trails of Cold Steel saga are receiving dedicated PS5 versions early next year.
Sega and Ryū ga Gotoku Studio held a RGG Like a Dragon Direct presentation. The companies provided a January release date for Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth along with plenty of footage and details, as well as revealing the opening cinematic for Like a Dragon Gaiden.
Atlus and Vanillaware provided details for tactical RPG Unicorn Overlord. RPGamers can learn more about the game’s story, characters, and combat.
Square Enix followed up SaGa Emerald Beyond’s announcement with some more details and screenshots. The information covers the game’s multiple-world setting, plus its protagonist options and combat system.
Capcom showed off more footage of Dragon’s Dogma 2. Director Hideaki Itsuno showcased the game’s combat, Pawns, vocations, and setting.
Scars of Mars is sci-fi real-time tactical RPG from developer Acquire. The game, set to release next year, sees players controlling a team of humanoid fighters on a rescue mission in a Martian research facility.
- Persona 3 Reload Introduces Strega, New Additions
- More Screenshots and Details for Persona 5 Tactica
Atlus released a new media and info for two upcoming Persona titles. The latest information introduces Persona 3 Reload’s Strega, plus new combat elements and events, as well as Persona 5 Tactica’s unique enemies and gameplay features.
- Dragon Quest Monsters: The Dark Prince Characters, Locations Revealed
- Octopath Traveler II Coming to Xbox and Windows Store
- Garlant: My Story Announced
- Abyss Fantasia Announced
- Sigil of the Magi Fully Releasing on PC This Month
- Language-Discovery RPG Terra Alia Coming to Switch
- Atelier Resleriana Releasing on Mobile in Japan This Week
- DANGEN Entertainment Publishing Exit Veil
- Fellow Traveller to Publish Wander Stars
- SpellForce: Conquest of Eo Heading to Consoles
- Xuan-Yuan Sword: Mists Beyond the Mountains Heading to Switch
- New Release Round-Up (September 21, 2023)
- Level-5 Releases New Trailers for Trio of Titles
- Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes Gets Pre-Order Trailer
- Banishers: Ghost of New Eden Gameplay Overview
- Lies of P Shows Some Boss Fights
- Megaton Musashi: Wired Gets New Trailer
- Pry Into the Void Trailer Introduces Waltiere
- Enotria: The Last Song New Trailer
- Space Wreck Receives Story Trailer
- Tamarak Trail Developer Diaries
On this week’s episode, we celebrate the recent announcement of a DLC expansion for Tales of Arise. Let’s just pretend this is how we planned the show, and it’s really not just a happy coincidence. Catch up on the base game with us, along with Jon and Robert.
This week in Q&A Quest, we discuss the newly announced SaGa Emerald Beyond. We also discuss other news from the latest Nintendo Direct and Final Fantasy VII Rebirth.
Josh learns that despite Bethesda’s best efforts, Starfield is not Fallout 76. Robert learns the taste of amiibo blood. Chris is just here to ask, “kink-why?” And Kelley is obsessed with Red XIII on a Chocobo.