RPGamer Round-Up: October 15 – October 22
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
World of Horror is exiting Early Access just in time for Halloween. Sam Wachter barely returned from the seaside village of Shiokawa to provide her verdict.
The Fate series gets a new action RPG, this one handled by the Musou studio itself, Omega Force. Alex Fuller finds that while Fate/Samurai Remnant provides an interest new setting and tale for the series, its gameplay doesn’t quite fully commit.
Square Enix opened the London Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest with a new keynote for its upcoming Dawntrail expansion. Director and producer Naoki Yoshida revealed the expansion’s first new job, as well as various other details.
- Persona 3 Reload Gets Social Details, More Media
- Persona 3 Reload’s Latest Character Trailer Introduces Junpei
Atlus released a decent batch of information and media for Persona 3 Reload. In addition to detailing Social elements, the company also revealed physical and digital editions.
Developer Mighty Boy Studio unveiled Babylon X. The action RPG is set in a sci-fi/fantasy alternate history world around ancient Bablyon and Egypt.
While pre-orders are ongoing for its physical editions of Persona 3 Portable, Limited Run Games revealed the contents of its Persona 4 Golden editions. The editions will be available to pre-order from next week.
Shiny Shoe announced a significant change for tactical RPG Inkbound. The developer is removing the current in-game monetisation from the game, which is currently in Early Access.
Harebrained Schemes and Paradox Interactive announced that their partnership is ending. Following the disappointing launch of The Lamplighters League, the companies will go their separate ways in January.
Atlus released some more information on Persona 5 Tactica. The latest details and screenshots cover quests, stage replays and challenges, and New Game+ mode.
Other News and Trailers
- World of Horror Console Release Pushed Back a Week
- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana Novelisation Out Now
- This Way Madness Lies Physical Edition Pre-Orders Beginning Soon
- Crymachina Demo Released
- Astral Ascent Fully Releasing in November
- Salt and Sacrifice Coming to Steam, Switch in November
- Astlibra Revision Arriving on Switch in November
- Wantless: Solace at World’s End Coming to Steam Early Access in November
- RPG Maker WITH Announced for Switch
- Palia Heading to Epic Games Store Next Week
- Cyber Knights: Flashpoint Available on Early Access
- Tales of Aravorn: An Elven Marriage Out Now
- System Shock 2: Enhanced Edition Gameplay Trailer Released
- Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Showcases Consequences
- New Release Round-Up (October 19, 2023)
Spooky month rolls on! This week we return to the FromSoftware well we dove into last October to talk Bloodborne. David, Wheels, and Pascal are our Hunters as we battle our way through another bloody classic.
Josh explains that all Genesis music is bad. Robert only has sub-standards for video games. Chris armchair quarterbacks the Persona 3 remake. Not the ramp!
This week in Q&A Quest, we continue to discuss Disgaea 7. We also talk about Fairy Tail and other quality anime game adaptations.