RPGamer Round-Up: July 3 – July 10
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
Sam Wachter provides an update on her big goals for Backloggin’ the Year. April to June offered an interesting variety of completed titles, but were they good? Let’s find out.
D20Studios’s Summoners Fate entered Early Access last month. Luis Mauricio reports that the deckbuilding RPG has an entertaining battle system and a welcome carefree approach.
Square Enix announced a September release for Valkyrie Elysium on PS4 and PS5, where it will be joined by a port of Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth. The game will also be hitting PC in November.
The PlayStation 4 versions of both Phantasy Star Online 2 and Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis are heading west. The free-to-play MMORPGs will hit the console in North America and Europe at the end of August.
Larian Studios released its latest major patch for Baldur’s Gate III. The new Early Access update adds Bards and Gnomes.
Publisher Pineapple Works and solo developer Nicolas Petton are partnering on 2D adventure RPG Dreamed Away. The game is set to release next year and follows young boy Théo on his search for his sister Louise.
Initially planned to release along the PC and Mac versions, Coromon’s Switch version is finally ready to launch. The game will hit the console in a couple of weeks.
Luminous Productions’ first game is getting another delay. This delay is shorter than the previous one, but pushes the game into January 2023.
RPGamer’s ad hoc Kickstarter Check-In feature returns for a look at two ongoing crowdfunding campaigns. This edition features GatherRound Studios’s The White Raven, as well as Kong Studio’s Rayless Blade.
Other Selected Stories
- The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki II Introduces the Märchen Garten
- Solasta: Crown of the Magister Arrives on Xbox
- Sea of Stars PlayStation Release Announced
- I Was a Teenage Exocolonist Switch Version Announced
- Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris Switch Release Announced
- Ruins Magus Releasing This Week
- Pascal’s Wager Hitting Switch Next Week
- Book Quest Releasing in August
- Made in Abyss: Binary Star Falling into Darkness Details Deep in Abyss Mode
- Made in Abyss: Binary Star Falling into Darkness Gets Systems Trailer
- Dreamscaper Physical Release Orders Opening Friday
- RPGolf Legends Physical Edition Pre-Orders Open
- Biomutant Details PS5 and Xbox Series X|S Versions
- Monochrome Mobius: Rights and Wrongs Forgotten Gets Gameplay Trailer
- Sword and Fairy: Together Forever Gets More Gameplay Media
- Steelrising Brings Some Titans
- New Release Round-Up (July 7, 2022)
What happens when Japan’s most beloved RPG series draws inspiration from the world’s most popular monster catching game? The result is the Dragon Quest Monsters series. Matt comes back from vacation to school Kelley and Wheels on these charming Dragon Quest spin-offs.
This week in Q&A Quest, we go into detail about the recent Nintendo Direct. We also delve into some of the issues with Persona 3.
It’s a duo show this week as Chris wants to try the fancy feast. Meanwhile, while Kelley is deceived by that Oreo cookie look from her devil of a cat.