RPGamer Round-Up: July 17 – July 24
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
Koei Tecmo’s Omega Force studio once again links up with Nintendo’s Fire Emblem. Alex Fuller reports that full utilisation of the depth available in the gameplay and a host of fun new character interactions make the second crossover a success.
We’re just about to head into the final week of #JRPGJuly. We check back in on how things have been going for the RPGamer staff participating.
Square Enix provided new details and a decent set of screenshots for Dragon Quest Treasures. Players can join Erik and Mia on their treasure hunt in Draconia this December.
Nintendo confirmed the March 2023 shutdown date for the eShop on Wii U and 3DS systems. In addition, one particular Fire Emblem title will be removed from sale a bit earlier in multiple regions.
Good Shepherd Entertainment and Ice Code Games’s follow-up to Hard West has a release date. Players will able to return to the demon-ridden Wild West in Hard West II very soon.
Circus Electrique is coming to town this September. The steampunk blend of turn-based tactical RPG and circus management will hit PC and consoles.
Affogato is billed as a real-time tactical card battler RPG meets coffee shop management title. The game is coming to PC next year, with a demo planned for next week.
Atlus released the sixth and final Summoner’s Guide video for Soul Hackers 2. Protagonist Ringo details the game’s safe house, stores, new game options, and some of the DLC offerings.
RPGamer’s ad hoc Kickstarter check-in feature returns with a look at Cherrymochi Game Studio’s Exil Veil. The turn-based RPG makes heavy use of the occult and tarot cards.
Other Selected Stories
- MMORPG Soulframe Announced
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Gets Eight-Minute Overview Trailer
- Level-5 Provides New Inazuma Eleven Update, Images
- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana Dated for PS5
- The Tarnishing of Juxtia Launching Next Week
- Top-Down Action RPG Ashen Knights: Foreshadow Announced
- Backpack Hero Heading to Early Access in August
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero Trailer Highlights Combat Mechanics
- The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki II Gets Additional Character Images
- Tower of Fantasy Characters Shown
- Sword and Fairy: Together Forever Shows Heroes and Villains
- Gotham Knights Trailer Highlights Batgirl
- New Release Round-Up (July 21, 2022)
Sometimes, a game makes you say “Why? Just why?” It’s finally time for Josh and Kelley to air their grievances with The Witch and the Hundred Knight and its sequel, along with Matt who questions their taste in games.
This week in Q&A Quest, we discuss the Bayonetta series. We also answer some hard-hitting questions.
Kelley thinks like a cat. Chris experiments with broccoli. Josh sells weed with Snoop Dogg. Don’t tempt the mouse.