RPGamer Round-Up: November 3 – November 10
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we take a quick look back at some of the articles we’ve posted throughout the week. This article is designed to help give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our less regular visitors might have missed.
Editorial Content and Features
Mary Skelter 2 applies a nightmarish touch to dungeon crawling on Nintendo Switch. Anna Marie Privitere sees if it is worth the bad dreams to plumb the depths of its labyrinths.
The first Conception game has made its way west in the form of an enhanced remaster. Alex Fuller gets busy creating lots of Star Children in order to provide a review.
Now that Persona 5 Royal is out in Japan, Atlus turns its attention to Persona 5 Scramble, hosting its first livestream for the game. The two-hour presentation provided the first gameplay footage, as well as other media and details for the game.
New quality-of-life items and features are making their way to Pokémon Sword and Shield. Details of the game’s first official tournament are also present.
Death end re;Quest 2 will be releasing in Japan in February. In addition to announcing the release date, Compile Heart provided lots of details and some new media for the game.
Tangledeep is getting a new expansion in the next few weeks. Dawn of Dragons will add new powerful boss monsters, new dungeon mechanics and layouts, and more.
Japanese RPGamers will be able to check out a demo for Project Sakura Wars later this month. Sega also released some new details and images from the game, as well as another character-focused music video.
Additional Selected Stories
- Sparklite Getting Steam Demo
- Valkyria Chronicles 4 PC Release Upgraded to Complete Edition
- Rablo Games Announces Necro Story
- Romancing SaGa 3 Highlights Its Characters
- Where the Water Tastes Like Wine Coming to Consoles
- The Alliance Alive PC Release Set for January
- New Phoenix Point PC Release Date Announced
- Bless Unleashed Open Beta Available on Xbox One
- Azur Lane: Crosswave Also Heading to Steam
- Developer Diary Explores Minecraft Dungeons’ Origins
- Stay Cool, Kobayashi-san!: A River City Ransom Story Out Now
- Atelier Dusk Trilogy Gets Trailer
- Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot Shows Its Playable and Support Characters
- Digital Store Weekly Round-Up (November 7, 2019)
After a lengthy and problematic development cycle, Final Fantasy XV was released to the world in 2016. The latest episode of the RPG Backtrack offers a large variety of things to say regarding the experience.
This week in Q&A Quest the hosts discuss the first western RPGs that they enjoyed. They also make some early game of the year predictions.
What was expected to be a short show because of the general lack of news turns out to not be. Alex, Kelley, Peter, Chris, and Anna Marie still had plenty to discuss with what they’ve been playing, listener feedback, and the upcoming releases, headlined by Pokémon Sword and Shield.