RPGamer Round-Up: July 25 – August 1
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we take a look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
Scarlet Nexus sees players joining future humanity’s forces and using special powers to fight against the monstrous Others. Alex Fuller finds that Bandai Namco has a winner on its hands.
Somebody’s up to no good at Chernobyl and its time to figure out what. Zack Webster discovers that Chernobylite is a survival RPG with a few cool ideas and some less interesting ones too.
Luis Mauricio had the opportunity to test Broken Ranks and chat with Whitemoon Games during PAX Online. This free-to-play MMORPG has an innovative battle system and a noticeable focus on story.
As part of PAX Online, Luis Mauricio was given the opportunity to talk to the founder of D20Studios about Summoners Fate and sample a demo. This deck-builder offers novel ways of controlling a party and promotes creativity.
Summer sales cause Pascal’s backlog to get a little tight at the waist. At least there’s some big-ticket names to cross off the list for the second quarterly update.
Welcome to the end of everyone’s favorite monthly gameathon, #JRPGJuly. Let’s see how folks finished out the month and if they were successful in completing their game of choice.
During its Online Summer Festival livestream, Idea Factory International made multiple announcements. The Neptunia and Senran Kagura spin-off and Death end re;Quest 2’s Switch version are heading west, while Mary Skelter Finale gets a release date.
The sequel to Blue Reflection will be coming west just a month after its Japanese launch. A physical Limited Edition is available to pre-order now.
Guild Wars 2’s third expansion has been given a release window. End of Dragons will launch early next year.
Developer Ember Lab has pushed back Kena: Bridge of Spirits. The adventure RPG will now launch in late September.
Sword and Fairy 7, the latest entry in the Chinese RPG series, will be launching on Steam this October. The game is said to include English subtitle support at launch.
Owlcat Games has given Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous a graphical upgrade ahead of its launch in September. In addition, a Season Pass and three planned DLC have been announced.
Other Selected Stories
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla’s Siege of Paris Arriving in August
- The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki Introduces More Supporting Cast
- King’s Bounty II Gameplay Trailer, PC Specs Released
- Fuga: Melodies of Steel Gets Pre-Release Media, Details
- Jupiter Hell Releasing in August
- CrossCode: A New Home Expansion Launching on Consoles Next Week
- Mortal Shell’s The Virtuous Cycle Expansion Launching in August
- Nanotale Available on Mac, Linux
- Babylon’s Fall First Closed Beta Dates Announced
- Harvest Moon: One World Heading to Xbox in August
- Death’s Gambit: Afterlife Shows New Features
- Astria Ascending Trailer Shows J-Ster Mini-Game
- NEO: The World Ends with You Out Now
- Blightbound Fully Launches on PC, Consoles
- Tribes of Midgard Launches
- Kitaria Fables Gets New Trailer
- Eastward Gets 25-Minute Gameplay Video
- Tales of Arise Trailer Highlights Its Spirit of Adventure
- New Release Round-Up (July 29, 2021)
This week in Q&A Quest, one of your hosts falls asleep during the show. We also discuss The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.
It’s time to celebrate Fire Emblem‘s glorious debut in high definition! Settle in for a fancy tea party, as we explore Fire Emblem: Three Houses with guests Anna, Cassandra, Josh, and Paul.