RPGamer Round-Up: Mar. 24 – Mar. 31
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s newest column, where we take a quick look back at some of the articles we’ve posted throughout the week. This article is designed to help give reminders for some interesting editorial content and stories that our less regular visitors might have missed.
Eternity: The Last Unicorn is meant to bring back the flavor of PlayStation-era action RPGs. Pascal Tekaia provides his thoughts on whether that endeavour was successful.
Getting a second lease on life, The Caligula Effect returns with an updated remake for multiple platforms. Jeffrey Wardon dives into Metaverse-Es and reports back on some of the new options available.
The Princess Guide is a new title from Nippon Ichi Software that puts players in the role of a mentor to young royals.
RPGamer’s Mike Apps is at PAX East this week. His first dispatch is an interview with Beamdog’s Trent Oster, accompanied by some quick thoughts on his time trying out Baldur’s Gate Enhanced Edition on Switch.
Larian Studios has announced a new title in the Divinity series, planned for release later this year. Though it acts as a sequel to Divinity: Original Sin II, Fallen Heroes heads back towards the strategic side of the franchise.
Gearbox has at last unveiled Borderlands 3, with more details are expected in the next week. Meanwhile, the first game is coming to more platforms, and the Handsome Collection gets some Ultra HD textures.
After announcing that it was working on a new Sakura Wars title last year, Sega has officially unveiled the series’ revival. The new game doesn’t have a title yet, but is planned for release in Japan this year, before coming west in 2020.
Nihon Falcom has opened its official website for Ys IX: Monstrum Nox. New reveals include a couple of the game’s characters and navigation abilities, as well as some extra tidbits on the game’s setting.
A new tease for P5R reveals the title Persona 5: The Royal. Anyone hoping for further details will have to wait another month, though there is a hint at a potential new character.
Nippon Ichi Software has announced a new title. Coven and Labyrinth of Galleria is a follow-up to Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk and set to be released in Japan in a few months.
1C Entertainment and RuneHeads have announced new title Conglomerate 451. The cyberpunk dungeon-crawler combines its traditional grid-based combat with XCOM-style squad management.
Additional Selected Stories
- SteamWorld Quest Finds Release Date
- Torchlight II Coming to Consoles
- Zanki Zero Demo Available This Week
- Idea Factory Details Dragon Star Varnir’s Dragon Cores, Giant Bosses
- Game Modes Detailed for Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission
- Many Things Launch with Trailers
- Dragon Marked for Death Retail Edition Now Available
- Inferno Climber: Reborn Releasing on Consoles This Week
- Full Version of Tanzia Available on Steam
- Azur Lane: Crosswave Releasing in Japan in August
- Enter the Gungeon Gives a Farewell to Arms
- Legends of Amberland Arrives on Steam Early Access
- Glorious Companions Unveils First Gameplay Footage
- Team17 to Publish Monster Sanctuary
- Kickstarter Check-In: Chromatose
- Digital Store Weekly Round-Up (March 28, 2019)
Q&A Quest takes a week off for PAX East but the RPGCast returns for another episode. Josh and Kelley join Chris and Anna to discuss what they’ve been playing and all of the week’s RPG news.