RPGamer Round-Up: February 13 – February 20
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week, or in this case, two weeks. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
Developer ArticNet takes a swing forward with the second title in the RPGolf series. Matt Masem finds that there’s no need to take a mulligan, but the game isn’t quite up to par yet.
Demeo: PC Edition is bringing the VR tabletop experience to a larger set of potential players. RPGamer was able to join developer Resolution Games and check out a brief demo.
As if backlogged game piles weren’t enough of a time sink already, RPGamers who love to create as well as play RPGs will soon have further opportunity to give their imagination free rein. Jason McFadden expresses his excitement for the upcoming RPG Maker Unite.
Square Enix held its first post-Endwalker Letter from the Producer Live presentation for Final Fantasy XIV. Producer and director Naoki Yoshida introduced its plans for the game, including its upcoming patch content and future graphical upgrades.
Nintendo is shutting down its Wii U and 3DS eShops. Players will have until March 2023 to pick up any additional titles they want on the systems.
Almost a year and a half after its initial launch, CD Projekt RED released Cyberpunk 2077’s dedicated next-generation console versions. The Patch 1.5 update also includes new content and a host of gameplay changes.
A new entry in the RPG Maker series is releasing this year. RPG Maker Unite will see the creation suite utilising the Unity engine.
Cyberpunk action adventure RPG ANNO: Mutationem has a release date. The game will hit PC and PlayStation consoles next month.
Marvelous Europe and Primal Game Studio unveiled Mandragora. The game is a dark fantasy side-scrolling action RPG in development for PC and consoles.
An additional trailer follows last week’s reveal of the HD-2D Live A Live Remake. The video introduces the protagonists of the game’s scenarios.
Other Selected Stories
- Dark Deity Coming to Switch in March
- Baldur’s Gate III Patch 7 Adds Barbarians
- Terrorbane Launching April 1
- Mon-Yu Heading West
- Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origins Introduces Lufenians; More Advanced Classes, Locations
- Stealth RPG Abermore Announced
- Disgaea 6 Complete Announced
- Pocket Mirror: GoldeneTraum Announced
- SpellForce III Console Release Pushed to June
- Babylon’s Fall Demo Launching Next Week
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask Hitting Nintendo Switch Online Next Week
- NACON Acquires Daedalic Entertainment
- Focus Home Interactive Acquires Leikir Studio
- Puzzle & Dragons Switch Edition Releasing This Week
- Book of Demons Physical Switch Release Available This Week
- Vampire: The Masquerade – Swansong Gets Quick Explainer Trailer
- 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim Gets Switch Trailer, Pre-Orders Open
- Batora: Lost Haven Gets New Media
- Star Wars: The Old Republic’s Legacy of the Sith Launches with Cinematic Trailer
- Crystar Gets Switch Gameplay Trailer
- Kristala Gets Early Gameplay Trailer
- Hyperdimension Neptunia: Sisters vs. Sisters Opening Movie Released
- New Release Round-Up (February 17, 2022)
Square Enix’s first dive into the HD-2D style was an interesting yet divisive game. Join us along with guests Ryan Radcliff, Paul Shkreli, Jason McFadden, and Josh Carpenter as we talk about why eight is a magic number in Octopath Traveler.
This week in Q&A Quest, we discuss the latest Nintendo Direct and the coming closure of the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U eShops. We also discuss Ys IX: Monstrum Nox, Atelier Sophie 2, and the Legend of Heroes series.
- RPG Cast – Episode 619: “That One Time I Got Reincarnated as a Canadian Yankee in King Arthur’s Court”
Kelley graduates from Canada. Josh discovers Tactics Advance is an isekai. Meanwhile Chris calculates the skill check for suplexing a train.