RPGamer Round-Up: November 14 – November 21
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
Teenage girls with memory issues lead the adventure in Blue Reflection: Second Light. Luis Mauricio finds that, aside from some aspects that may feel improper to western RPGamers, the game is a solid second entry.
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD is a remaster of one of the most divisive entries in the long-running series. Ryan McCarthy sees if the improvements for its Switch release make it shine brighter.
Bitmap Books has released its largest book to date. Pascal Tekaia reports that this dedicated tome is tailor-made for those who love the JRPG, and provides an exhaustive overview of the genre, from the essential to the obscure.
Paul Shkreli returns with another Backlog update. This time, he discusses a sci-fi RPG from 1998 and gets his hands on another fat PlayStation 3.
Brownies Inc. is bringing mobile title Egglia to Nintendo Switch. Egglia Rebirth will hit Japan in December, with a western release to follow.
Riot Forge has given Airship Syndicate’s Ruined King: A League of Legends Story a surprise launch. The turn-based RPG spin-off to the popular MOBA is available now on PC and consoles.
Physical editions for Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic are available to order now from Limited Run Games. RPGamers can pick up one of three editions on PC or Switch.
Square Enix provided some more details and screenshots for Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin. Team Ninja’s take on the original Final Fantasy tale is set to arrive in March.
Wolfstride has received a release date. Players will be able to battle it out in black-and-white mech battles in early December.
Square Enix and People Can Fly’s Outriders received a free update. In addition, the companies revealed that its first expansion is coming in 2022.
Koei Tecmo and Gust’s latest media round-up details Atelier Sophie 2’s story plus new features like weather changing and mini-games. A bonus for physical copies of the game was also announced.
Other Selected Stories
- New Shikabanegurai no Boukenmeshi Details Released
- Mechajammer Releasing in December
- Loop Hero Heading to Switch in December
- Grim Dawn Heading to Xbox One in December
- Moon: Remix RPG Adventure PS4, PS5 Date Announced
- Vaporum: Lockdown PlayStation, Xbox Console Release Set for December
- Light Fairytale Episode 2 Available on Consoles
- Wartales Early Access Date Announced
- Kena: Bridge of Spirits Physical Release Available Tomorrow
- Archvale Launching in December
- Genshin Impact Version 2.3 Update Launching Next Week
- Keylocker Receives New Gameplay Video
- ELEX II Shows Off Its Factions
- Rollers of the Realm: Reunion Campaign Revealed
- Nobody Saves the World Gets New Trailer
- Salt and Sacrifice Gets Gameplay Trailer
- Souldiers Gameplay Video Released
- Game & Watch: The Legend of Zelda Now Available
- Final Fantasy VII The First Soldier Out Now
- Arcadia Fallen Out Now
- Dandy Ace Released on PlayStation 4
- Unsouled Early Access Now Available
- New Release Round-Up (November 18, 2021)
It’s been ten full years of dragons and memes from the Elder Scrolls universe, and for this week’s RPG Backtrack, Sam and Pascal hop on to reminisce about Skyrim. Maybe this episode will still be relevant in another decade when Skyrim gets released on the PS7 and Xbox Holodeck.
Kelley watches DVDs like a caveman. Josh chews on all the expensive things. Meanwhile, Chris stands by some barrels.