RPGamer Round-Up: August 15 – August 22
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we take a look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
Players will need to learn to navigate the world with their ears in The Vale: Shadow of the Crown. Not just positively widening the definition of video games, Luis Mauricio finds the audio-only RPG offers a touching story well worth experiencing.
Capcom returns for more legal drama in The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles. Alex Fuller goes back in time to help make deductions and generate legal upheavals in Britain and Japan at the end of the Victorian era.
With Death Trash entering Early Access, Ryan Costa takes a look at how the game is shaping up. He notes there’s a lot to enjoy with the game’s combat and storytelling, despite some hiccups with controls and storage space.
Labrador Games’ Live By The Sword: Tactics promises political intrigue and tactical delights against a backdrop of fantasy world warfare. Michael Baker was able to try out its Steam Early Access version to see how delivery of that is coming along.
Have you ever felt disappointed when you defeat the final boss and then the true final boss appears? Jason McFadden determines a winning strategy for both developers and players is to ensure there’s a clear path to such a plot twist.
- Pokémon Legends: Arceus Shows Sinnoh’s Past
- New Media Digs Into Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl
A new Pokémon Presents presentation featured new footage of Pokémon Legends: Arceus, where players will delve into Sinnoh’s past with an open-world Pokémon experience early next year. It also provided a fresh look at October’s Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl.
A Tales of Arise demo is now available on consoles. There’s no save carry over for the full game, but players are able to try out six playable characters and get a preview of a number of elements of the game.
Atlus posted its second news video for Shin Megami Tensei V. The new update introduces three more characters, as well as some character growth systems.
Developer Spiderweb Software has announced its latest title. Queen’s Wish 2: The Tormentor is the second game in a planned trilogy, with a Kickstarter campaign running now.
Those who thought new releases of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim were done with have been shown to be mistaken. With the game’s tenth anniversary, Bethesda is releasing an Anniversary Edition, plus dedicated PS5 and Xbox Series X|S versions.
The newest patch for Cyberpunk 2077 is now available with a hefty list of fixes. The patch also comes with some minor cosmetic content.
Other Selected Stories
- Lovecraft’s Untold Stories 2 Announced
- Blue Reflection: Second Light Introduces Mio, Fragments, Requests
- Mary Skelter Finale Including Free Locked Up in Love DLC
- NCSoft Announces MMORPG Lineage W
- Xuan Yuan Sword VII Release Date Set
- Metal Dogs Unleashed on Steam Early Access Next Week
- Arboria Launching in September
- Original Nexomon Hitting Consoles in September
- Castlevania: Grimoire of Souls Heading to Apple Arcade
- Shining Force: Heroes of Light and Darkness Gets Debut Trailer
- Nautilus Epoch Announced
- Ender Lilies Receives Free Content Update
- Young Souls Out on Stadia, Hitting Other Platforms in Fall
- Maritime Calling Landing on Steam Early Access in September
- Serenity Forge to Publish Arcadian Atlas
- The Vale: Shadow of the Crown Launches with Gameplay Trailer
- Black Myth: Wukong Gameplay Shown
- Decision: Red Daze Gets Gameplay Trailer
- New Release Round-Up (August 19, 2021)
This week in Q&A Quest, we discuss Shadowverse: Champion’s Battle. We also talk more about The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles.
The RPG Cast crew discovers where the monkey’s paw has taken them this week. Chris is trapped in a room playing with kitties. Kelley has to survive a Pokémon/Shining Force crossover. Anna Marie is stuck in a time loop and isn’t sure where the spoon is. Josh almost succeeded in not shooting any children out of cannons, but then he took an arrow to the knee.