RPGamer Round-Up: July 4 – July 11
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we take a look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
Tainted Grail: Conquest is a roguelite deckbuilder that combines its gameplay loop with a multi-layered story. Ryan Costa finds that the slow and steady approach wins out and makes the game well worth a look.
Following the release of Legend of Mana’s remaster, RPGamer was given the opportunity to put some questions to series producer Masaru Oyamada. We were able to pick up some insights into the creation of the remaster, as well as the history and future ideas for the series.
June was a busy month for Paul, but he was still able to find some time to cross a few more games off his backlog. This month, he focuses on some obscure Switch ports as well as an Xbox game starring his favorite vampire slayer.
Nintendo has announced a new Nintendo Switch model. The new model will launch in October with a new, slightly larger OLED screen and a few other improvements.
- Lost Judgment Intro Cinematic, Theme Song Revealed
- Lost Judgment Gets Gameplay Trailer, Digital Pre-orders Open
Sega and Ryū ga Gotoku Studio revealed the introduction cinematic and theme song for Lost Judgment. In addition, a new gameplay trailer shows the usual wide variety of things to do that players have come to expect from the Yakuza franchise.
During the third Panel from Hell for Baldur’s Gate III, Larian Studios detailed the newest patch for the game’s Early Access version. Patch 5 launches this week and comes with multiple gameplay features.
Bandai Namco released the opening movie as well as some Japanese gameplay footage for Tales of Arise. RPGamers have just a couple of months to wait before its worldwide release.
Koei Tecmo and Gust released the first media and details for Blue Reflection: Second Light. The sequel to Blue Reflection will launch in Japan this October.
Square Enix provided another batch of information for NEO: The World Ends with You ahead of its launch this month. The update introduces some more characters and gameplay elements.
Other Selected Stories
- More Fuga: Melodies of Steel Media Released
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD Gets Quality of Life Changes
- Returning Characters Revealed for The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki
- Tails of Iron Launching in September
- Punishing: Gray Raven Launching Next Week
- NACON Connect Shows Upcoming Titles
- Batbarian: Testament of the Primordials PS4, Xbox One Release Announced
- Unavowed Released on Switch
- Blightbound Fully Releasing This Month
- The Protagonist: EX-1 Fully Releasing This Month
- Vagrus: The Riven Realms Receives Combat Update
- Sorcerer Coming to Solasta
- Utawarerumono Zan 2 Gets New Trailer
- Encased Gets New Gameplay Trailer
- Ys IX: Monstrum Nox Out on PC, Switch, Stadia
- Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin Out Now
- New Release Round-Up (July 8, 2021)
This week in Q&A Quest, we talk about Disgaea 6 bringing the series back to glory. We also answer your hard-hitting questions.
It’s a tiny cast with just Chris, Anna Marie, and Kelley. PS5 blood money is being thrown around, while Kelley curses the asthma tax. Chris is simulating his real-life job in a game that simulates his job. Anna Marie re-discovers she doesn’t like SMT. And everyone agrees cutscenes need both pause and skip options.