RPGamer Round-Up: March 14 – March 21
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we take a look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our less regular visitors might have missed.
Collection of SaGa Final Fantasy Legend brings the classic trio of RPGs to the Nintendo Switch. Elmon Dean Todd sees if the 30-year-old Final Fantasy Legend II stands the test of time.
For his first Backloggin’ update, Pascal feels the humiliation of being defeated by a buffed backlog boss. His entry is not called ‘Backlog Boondoggle’ for nothing, folks.
Bandai Namco announced a release date for action RPG Scarlet Nexus. The game will launch in June, with an anime series also to air internationally in the summer.
Square Enix held a presentation focusing on some of its upcoming releases. During the presentation, the company unveiled the official title and some new information for Luminous Productions’ Project Athia.
Atlus announced the western release date for Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD Remaster. The game will hit PC, PS4, and Switch in late May, with Digital Deluxe Edition purchasers getting early access.
Square Enix’s Tetsuya Nomura took part in a new interview with Famitsu. During the interview he provided plenty of tidbits regarding the upcoming Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade as well as mobile titles The First Soldier and Ever Crisis.
The Dark Alliance name returns this June. Players will be able join up with Drizzt Do’Urden and his companions in Icewind Dale on PC and consoles.
Kadokawa Games held a dedicated Metal Max-focused stream a couple of months ahead of the series’ 30th anniversary. The stream showcased three upcoming titles, which include two brand-new reveals.
ZA/UM announced that Disco Elysium: The Final Cut will launch in a couple of weeks. The enhanced version of the game will be available on PC, Mac, PS4, PS5, and Stadia, with Xbox and Switch versions coming this summer.
Other Selected Stories
- Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai Mobile Title Heading West
- Alchemic Cutie Launch Date Revealed
- Gothic Remake Developer Revealed
- Nanotale Fully Launching End of March
- Chicory: A Colorful Tale Releasing in Spring
- Undertale Launching on Xbox One
- Dragon Quest XI S Now Available on Stadia
- Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis Global Closed Beta Announced
- Solasta: Crown of the Magister Receives Spring Update, Dungeon Maker
- Deepest Chamber Announced
- UnderMine PS4 Date Announced
- Dungeon and Gravestone Launching in April
- The Hand of Merlin Arriving on Steam Early Access in May
- We Are the Caretakers Coming to Steam Early Access
- Coromon Launching This Year, Demo Available
- Legends of Ellaria Releasing in April
- Empire of Ember to Receive Early Access Version
- The Caligula Effect 2 Gets Six New Trailers
- Roguebook Gets New Trailer
- Light Fairytale Episode 2 Gets Trailer
- Square Enix Releases New Outriders Trailers
- Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning Comes to Nintendo Switch
- Saviors of Sapphire Wings / Stranger of Sword City Revisited Out Now in North America
- Dungeon Defenders: Awakened Available on Xbox
- New Release Round-Up (March 18, 2021)
Robert Albright guest stars this week to discuss all things RPG. We also talk in depth about Persona 5 Royal.
Alex looks so good he must be rendered. Robert rickrolls all of the things. Kelley is our Neptunian Angel. Finally, Chris is getting ready to Rise, but first he must Ryza.