RPGamer Round-Up: September 24 – October 1
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
Despite the game’s troubled launch, CD Projekt RED has admirably kept faith with Cyberpunk 2077. That faith bears fine fruit with the release of its Update 2.0 and Phantom Liberty expansion.
G-Mode and Room6’s OU offers players a curious narrative experience adventure. After going through the game three times, RPGamer’s Michael Baker still isn’t quite sure what to fully make of it but it certainly stuck in his head.
Mirthwood is a single-player life sim RPG from Bad Ridge Games and V Publishing set in a medieval fantasy world. Sarah McGarr was able to check it out at this year’s PAX West.
Summer has come and gone, but video games were still played and enjoyed. Let’s see what Sam knocked out of her backlog from July to the end of September.
NIS America revealed a HD remaster for FuRyu and Cattle Call’s The Legend of Legacy. The 3DS turn-based RPG is coming to PC and consoles early next year.
Limited Run Games revealed it is releasing physical editions for both Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 Golden. Pre-orders for Persona 3 Portable are now underway.
Owlcat Games revealed that Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous’s fifth DLC will launch in November. The Lord of Nothing is a follow-up to the standalone campaign that began with its second DLC, Through the Ashes.
Square Enix held a special presentation at TGS for Final Fantasy VII Rebirth. The presentation features over half an hour of footage showing its open field aspects, new combat elements, and other gameplay.
Level-5 held a stage show at this year’s Tokyo Game Show where it showed more of crime suspense RPG Decapolice. The Japanese presentation featured a forty-minute walkthrough of one’s of the game’s cases.
Focus Entertainment and DON’T NOD revealed the release of action RPG Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden has been pushed back. It will now launch at a time the companies hope is less saturated.
A special TGS Letter from the Producer confirmed that Final Fantasy XIV’s Patch 6.5 is launching next week. Square Enix also released the update’s trailer.
- Megami Ibunroku Persona: Ikuu no Tou Hen Gets Japanese PC Release
- Mononoke no Kuni Announced
- Action RPG Phantom Blade: Executioners Announced
- Horizon Forbidden West Complete Edition Coming to PS5, PC
- Achilles: Legends Untold Arriving in November
- Goblin Slayer Another Adventurer: Nightmare Feast Gets Japanese Date
- Dungeon Full Dive Launching Into Early Access in October
- The Last Oricru: Final Cut Update Released
- Neptunia: Sisters vs. Sisters Coming to Switch in the West
- Dwerve Coming Soon to Nintendo Switch
- ANNO: Mutationem Now Available on Xbox Consoles
- Vampire: The Masquerade – Swansong Available on Switch in Europe
- Sword Art Online: Last Recollection Demo Available
- New Capes Demo Available Now
- Lords of the Fallen Gets Eight-Minute Overview Trailer
- BREAKERS: Unlock the World Gameplay Video Released
- Sand Land Gets Story Trailer
- Persona 5 Tactica Offers Tactical Training
- Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty Available Now
- Fate/Samurai Remnant Introduces Its Teams
- BattleJuice Alchemist Gets New Reveal
- VED Gets Story Trailer
- ASTRA: Knights of Veda Steam Demo Coming, New Trailer Released
- New Release Round-Up (September 28, 2023)
This week in Q&A Quest, we continue to gush about what has been shown of Final Fantasy VII Rebirth. We also answer a number of hard hitting questions.
Chris launches his new brand, Elsa coffee. Kelley’s Pokémon demand she finds a caramel apple and a teacup. Ryan apparently got left in Seattle and is still at PAX West.