RPGamer Round-Up: October 4 – October 11
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we take a look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our less regular visitors might have missed.
Developer Rogue Factor’s tactical RPG Necromunda: Underhive Wars hopes that fun gameplay can carry it through its many stability issues. Ryan Costa reports that unfortunately it fails to do so.
In contrast with games with solemn tones, The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk includes a comedic style and unpredictable characters who question the roots of fantastic stories. Luis Mauricio finds that puzzles, strategic battles, quests, and great voice acting are part of this constant and enjoyable satire.
The Nintendo Switch is only the latest of numerous consoles that Ys Origin has graced. Anna Marie Privitere comes to the conclusion that despite the game’s age, it’s worth a visit to ancient Ys history.
Black Legend is an upcoming tactical RPG set in a 17th century-inspired cursed city called Grant. Gabriele Malacasa’s exploration of its alleys in a demo rewarded him with equipment and potential new allies, but cultists and monsters were lurking in the fog…
Eight years after the game’s original launch in Japan, western RPGamers finally get to check out the third entry in MAGES’s Science Adventure visual novel series. Alex Fuller reports Robotics;Notes feels more obtuse than its incredibly successful predecessor but nonetheless returns a highly engaging tale.
During the latest Letter from the Producer Live, producer Naoki Yoshida announced the next major update for Final Fantasy XIV. Patch 5.4, Futures Rewritten, will release in December.
Cooperative shooter RPG Outriders has been given a February launch date. Meanwhile, publisher Square Enix confirmed full cross-play across of all of its platforms and a free next-gen upgrade for owners of the game.
- Baldur’s Gate III Now Available on Early Access
- Baldur’s Gate III Details Early Access Character Creation Options
The Early Access version of Baldur’s Gate III is now available on PC, Mac, and Stadia and currently includes access to the game’s first act. Ahead of the Early Access launch, Larian Studios put out some new details regarding the game’s character creation.
JanduSoft and Grimorio of Games have announced a December release date for Sword of the Necromancer. The companies also released a new developer diary for the game, with a limited-time demo currently available as part of the Steam Game Festival.
The life of a hard-boiled detective in a gritty 1940s noir town filled with crime is tough enough without the ghosts of deceased mob bosses making it more complicated. Action RPG Pecaminosa is releasing early 2021.
A demo is now available on PC for the newest entry in the Xuan-Yuan Sword series. The demo lets players check out the opening parts of the game, which launches later this year.
Additional Selected Stories
- Nintendo Treehouse: Live Showcases Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
- More Allies Arrive in Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity Trailer
- The Outer Worlds Launching on Steam This Month
- SpellForce III’s Fallen God Expansion Gets Release Date
- Dungeon-Crawler Märchen Forest Seeing Worldwide Release Next Year
- Clouds of Rain Set to Release This Fall
- Ciel nosurge DX, Ar nosurge DX Remasters Launching in Japan in January
- Turn-Based RPG Ikenfell Out Now
- The Falconeer Talks Factions in New Trailer
- Yakuza: Like a Dragon Media Shows Ichiban’s Many Quests
- Black Legend Gets New Trailer, Limited-Time Demo
- The Protagonist: EX-1 Receives Teaser Trailer, Steam Game Festival Demo
- Square Enix Reveals Second Story Trailer for Octopath Traveler: Champions of the Continent
- Destiny 2: Beyond Light Trailer Shows New Gear
- Digital Store Weekly Round-Up (October 8, 2020)
This week the Q&A hosts discuss the many issues of Metal Max Xeno: Reborn. They also discuss the roguelike goodness that is Hades.
Imageepoch made one final game featuring witches before the company disappeared, and Stella Glow proved a quite decent swan song. It’s the subject of the most recent RPG Backtrack, in fact.
Robert joins the cast again as Alex, Anna Marie, and Chris get ready for Extra Life, which takes place on November 7, 2020. There’s a lot of embargoed gaming going on this week, but they still manage to round up all the important news of the week for your entertainment.